Thread: Look2Me and other, HELP please

Default Look2Me and other, HELP please

Been a while since I last needed to post (that's a good thing). However, needing to post now, I looked all over the web site and I can't find the instructions on the information needed to post, so I'm going by memory. If someone can reference me to that document (how to post a problem), I'd appreciate it.

So, as best I can, here goes:

1) Running Windows XP on a laptop with wireless capabilities
    2) problem is random (and continual) instances of IE starting, all with various spam
    3) attempts to fix so far:
    I tried a few virus/spyware checkers/removers, and ran them a few times. After removing a bunch of found items, this is what I get on my latest runs:

ewido c:\windows\system32\cyfgnt.dll Spyware.Look2Me (2 instances of this)
    ewido c:windows\system32\dirgres.dll Spyware.Look2Me
    ewido c:windows\system22\qngr.dll Spyware.Look2Me
    ewido c:\windows\system32\sforage.dll Spyware.Look2Me

an immediate repeat of ewido scan found only the 2 instances of cyfgnt.dll with a message saying there was an error during cleaning

upon reboot I get an immediate ewido alert for c:\windows\system32\cynsole.dll Spyware.Look2Me
    upon reboot I get an immediate ewido alert for c:\windows\system32\wjbvw.dll Spyware.Look2Me

spybot no threats found

webroot spy sweeper Adware found:Command (1 item, 9 traces)
    webroot spy sweeper hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_cmdservice (9 entries here)
    deleted via spy sweeper, but an immediate repeat scan found exactly the same results

avast scan at highest level (thorough) scan found no infections

So for some reason Look2Me and Command are identified, but not able to be deleted. I ran a SpybotS&D report, it was too large to attach, so I have posted it here:

http://www.tollianweb.com/uc/SpybotSD_Report.txt

Any help/guidance, much appreciated. Thanks,

Joe

Hello.

Go here and follow instructions.
    Before you post a log

Someone will then take a look at the system and advise you as soon as available to do so.

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016