Thread: Have I got Virtumonde ?????

Question Have I got Virtumonde ?????

Hi, I am new to this forum and not very technically minded ,but I have been using Search and Destroy for some time now with no problems. I have updated and am using the latest version of Spybot.

However, at the moment, when performing a a check for problems, it stops at '134121/158858 Virtumonde.dll.' The only way I can then stop the programme is by using the task manager and then it is slow to do so. As far as I am aware everything else is working ok.

Is my Pc affected by this Virtumonde thing or is it just taking a long time to search for it??? I have tried leaving it alone for about 20 minutes but then my screen saver 'slide show' starts but then seizes up and I have to use task manager to get things going again.

Thanks for any help or advice anyone can offer me
    Ron

You don't seem to have Virtuemonde. Just because it hangs there does not mean you have it.

Have you attempted to run the scan in SAFE MODE?

Clear the cache, temp. files, and cookies from your browsers.

Smile Re Virtumonde;.........

Briliant, many thanks, thank you ,thank you !!!!!
    I did as you suggested but didnt clear the ' cache' or to do a scan in safe mode as I don't know how to do that!....... but anyway after clearing the temp files and cookies it performed a full scan without stalling and gave me a clean bill of health !
    No immediate threats found!

Once again, Thank you Very Much
    Ron : bigthumb:

Glad to be of help.