Thread: [Issue 062] Immunization problem

Default [Issue 062] Immunization problem

Since the update 2007-11-07 when I immunize my internet explorer(32 bit) there are still 19 things left unimmunized(plugins).I thought that it was a problem with update but when I downloaded yesterday 2007-11-14 update the problem was still there.What should I do?

Hello,

If you are not immunizing with full administrator rights, Spybot-S&D might not have enough permissions to fully immunize all user accounts.

If you are using Windows Vista, you should also read this FAQ entry about getting Administrator rights under Vista.

As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
    Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.

Some more information is available in our forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...d=1#post117162
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Another thing though is that immunization only works properly while your browser is closed, since otherwise your browser will overwrite immunization from time to time from the settings it loaded when it was started.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thanks very much,I did ˝Undo˝ and immunized again and it works perfectly

Default The Dirty 19

FYI - Since upgrading to SBS&D 1.5, I've had the same problem; 19 software plug-ins for IE 32 bit won't immunize. This has persisted over 4-6 updates.

Otherwise, immunization is GREATLY improved over 1.4 and 1.3. http://forums.spybot.info/images/smilies/bigthumb.gif
    Immunization for Firefox and Opera greatly appreciated .(I don't use IE for normal surfing).

I'm running an administrator account under Windows XP SP2 w/ESET NOD32 Anti Virus active (but not reporting any blocks during immunization - a generally well-behaved product). Have disabled or shut down all other resident Spyware protection. Presently using Comodo Firewall.

***At the moment, I'm trying to UNDO and reimmunize. It's extremely slow! I'll let you know the results in an hour or so****

Wayback (1 year+) Webroot's Spysweeper would block Spybot 1.4's immunization. I disabled it during updates and immunization, and had no other problems since. It's presently uninstalled (for unrelated reasons)

Default Immunization: The Dirty 19 - SOLVED!

Well, it took 3 "Undo" cycles to clean the immunization list completely, but the reimmunization process completed the first time through.

Good advice Spybot Sandra! You might want to further suggest closing and reinitializing Spybot S&D between Undo cycles and reimmunization.

Out of curiosity, it would be interesting to know what those 19 32 bit IE software plug-ins were, and why Spybot S&D wasn't immunizing them. Maybe they were old ones previously immunized under 1.4???

Cheers!

The very slow removal of immunization in SSD 1.5.1.17 is a result of the enormous Firefox file in your profile "hostperm.1". You could speed up your task, basically the removal and repair of the IE immunizations, by first unchecking all four Firefox immunizations (actually, you could uncheck the Opera ones, too, but this isn't important , especially if Opera is not installed on your system).

Alternatively, if you are a little courageous, you can navigate to your Firefox profile and open hostperm.1 with any convenient plain text editor (I use Crimson Editor, but even Notepad ought to work). If there are any lines with " 1 " in them (this means 'allow'; the white spaces are actually tabs), use an Edit selection to select all such lines; then reverse the selection so that everything else is selected, and delete! Close the file and you will find thousands of immunizations gone in SSD. There are around 4 x 7000 items involved.

Good luck!