Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virtumonde returned – Please help

In Memoriam -Always in our heart pskelley's Avatar

I am looking only at these:
    Here are the 19 files that were marked as infected:

The ones like this:
    C:\System Volume Information\_restore
    are infected System Restore files, can do you no harm because they can not get back on the computer if you DO NOT do a System Restore. I always do them last so they only need to be done once.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\ <M<< you need to open that quarantine folder and delete the contents.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...00041213443506

Infected email, go there and delete that junk.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\X-P III Backup\The Bat!\MAIL\Qwest\Trash\MESSAGES.TBB/[From admin@qwest.net][Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 19:01:54 -0700]/text Infected: Email-Worm.Win32.Mimail.txt skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\X-P III Backup\The Bat!\MAIL\Qwest\Trash\MESSAGES.TBB Mail: infected - 1 skipped

(Delete the contents of that Temp folder, the bad item will go with the rest)
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Temp\hddijmqf.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Obfuscated.kp skipped

Delete that file
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\yivymsbe.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.SecToolBar.k skipped

Once you delete the stuff, then restart the computer and do this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...s/mcgill1.mspx
    Turn it off, reboot and turn it on.

Then run a new scan and let me know how it went.

Thanks
    MS-MVP Consumer Security 2007-08-09
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006

Greetings,

I deleted all the files you suggested that I could. I could not delete the quarantined files under Symantec, the system would not let me and my 2007 version of Symantec Internet Security doesn’t even know they exist as far as I an tell. The files do not show up in Symantec suite where they should. The link you sent me to at Symantec explaining how to delete quarantined files was for the 2006 version of their Anti-Virus software and I am using the 2007 version of their Internet Security software. I sent an e-mail off to Symantec yesterday asking them how to do it but as of yet I have not heard back.

I re-ran the Kaspersky online scan using the standard database as you previously suggested. It did not list the restore volumes that the extended database picked up. At this point I would just as soon continue on with your instructions and remove all the restore points and run a new (extended database) scan. What do you think?

Also, I was looking at the various abilities of Spybot and came across a list of cookies from all my browsers. One of the cookies was from systemerrorfixer. After searching the web this appears to be malware also. What are your thoughts on removing all cookies on the system and starting clean?

Thanks again for your assistance and I apologize for taking so long in getting back to you.

These are the only infected files showing up on the Kaspersky standard scan.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\283C2A3E.tmp/data0002 Infected: Trojan-Clicker.Win32.VB.qb skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\283C2A3E.tmp NSIS: infected - 1 skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\283C2A3E.tmp CryptFF: infected - 1 skipped

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
    Monday, November 19, 2007 6:32:09 PM
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
    Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 20/11/2007
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 433089

Scan Settings:
    Scan using the following antivirus database: standard
    Scan Archives: true
    Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
    C:\
    D:\
    E:\
    F:\
    G:\
    H:\
    I:\
    J:\

Scan Statistics:
    Total number of scanned objects: 246083
    Number of viruses found: 1
    Number of infected objects: 3
    Number of suspicious objects: 0
    Duration of the scan process: 03:23:31

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\3ad391678a806ec4d691e83aaa393b6f_24adf822-76f7-4481-b30b-ff1b40f8687f Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\eHome\logs\ehRecvr.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\settings.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\2007-11-19_Log.ALUSchedulerSvc.LiveUpdate Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\283C2A3E.tmp/data0002 Infected: Trojan-Clicker.Win32.VB.qb skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\283C2A3E.tmp NSIS: infected - 1 skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\283C2A3E.tmp CryptFF: infected - 1 skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBConfig.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBDebug.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBDetect.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBNotify.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBRefr.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetCfg.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetCfg2.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetDev.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetLoc.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetUsr.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBStHash.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBValid.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\SPPolicy.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\SPStart.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\SPStop.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtErEvt.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtETmp\F254DCC9.TMP Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtMoEvt.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtNvEvt.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtScEvt.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtTxFEvt.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtViEvt.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Feeds Cache\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012007111920071120\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Temp\Perflib_Perfdata_244.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Temp\~DF96CE.tmp Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Temp\~DF96FC.tmp Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcrst.dll Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\EPERSIST.DAT Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\NFWEVT.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDALRT.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDCON.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDDBG.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDFW.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDIDS.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSYS.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\AVApp.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\AVError.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\AVVirus.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
    C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP457\change.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\ModemLog_Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem.txt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\Registration\{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}.{CBD0BA26-8C25-4DEB-9362-8505C13249F6}.crmlog Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\DEFAULT Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Media Ce.evt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SOFTWARE Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\WUDF\WUDFTrace.etl Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
    D:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

I could not delete the quarantined files under Symantec, the system would not let me and my 2007 version of Symantec Internet Security doesn’t even know they exist as far as I an tell.
    I suggest you take that up with Symantec, they are the ones who sold you the junk. Try this link: http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/index.jsp

Cookies are a part of doing business on the web. Some sites, like banking, etc. require cookies for secure passwords, but most do not and have their own reasons for wanting to place cookies on your computer. I can tell you this, I allow no cookies I do not know are needed for my business.
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/cookies.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...cy/config.mspx
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...XP&btnG=Search

for your information:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...s/mcgill1.mspx
    http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/m...wcomputer.html

Here is some great information from experts in this field that will help you stay clean and safe online.
    http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/m...revention.html
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279
    http://russelltexas.com/malware/allclear.htm
    http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict2520.html
    http://cybercoyote.org/security/not-admin.shtml

Thanks...pskelley
    Safer Networking Forums
    http://www.spybot.info/en/donate/index.html
    If you are reading this information...thank a teacher,
    If you are reading it in English...thank a soldier.
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006

Good morning,

I think the end is in site. I have deleted all restore points and even deleted all my cookies. I now allow only the cookies I need. I re-ran the Kaspersky scan (extended) and the same three Symantec quarantine files are the only ones to show up infected. Lets not worry about them.

I am using the computer now and will so throughout the day. If the virus shows up again I think I will just go out and purchase a new hard drive and reload XP. If I do I will also purchase the Kaspersky Internet suite.

In an earlier post you mentioned to remind you to give me information on a cleaner to look at the registry. I believe that will be the last step.

I really appreciate your time and efforts in helping me resolve this issue.

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 5:02:31 PM
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
    Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 21/11/2007
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 462439

Scan Settings
    Scan using the following antivirus database extended
    Scan Archives true
    Scan Mail Bases true

Scan Target My Computer
    C:\
    D:\
    E:\
    F:\
    G:\
    H:\
    I:\
    J:\

Scan Statistics
    Total number of scanned objects 235423
    Number of viruses found 1
    Number of infected objects 3
    Number of suspicious objects 0
    Duration of the scan process 02:29:56

Infected Object Name Virus Name Last Action
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\3ad391678a806ec4d691e83aaa393b6f_24adf822-76f7-4481-b30b-ff1b40f8687f Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\eHome\logs\ehRecvr.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\settings.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\2007-11-20_Log.ALUSchedulerSvc.LiveUpdate Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBConfig.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBDebug.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBDetect.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBNotify.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBRefr.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetCfg.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetCfg2.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetDev.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetLoc.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetUsr.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBStHash.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBValid.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\SPPolicy.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\SPStart.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\SPStop.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtErEvt.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtETmp\9D7E86ED.TMP Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtETmp\C0990F12.TMP Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtMoEvt.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtNvEvt.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtScEvt.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtTxFEvt.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtViEvt.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Temp\Perflib_Perfdata_d98.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Temp\~DF47B9.tmp Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Temp\~DF47DD.tmp Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\Carolyn E Moralez\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcrst.dll Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\EPERSIST.DAT Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\NFWEVT.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDALRT.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDCON.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDDBG.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDFW.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDIDS.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSYS.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\AVApp.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\AVError.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\AVVirus.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
    C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP459\change.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\ModemLog_Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem.txt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\Registration\{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}.{AC3FB1DF-DAFF-4BAE-B900-B27454173354}.crmlog Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\DEFAULT Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Media Ce.evt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SOFTWARE Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\WUDF\WUDFTrace.etl Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
    C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
    D:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

Right you are, all three are in quarantine. The cleaner I was referring to is:
    http://www.ccleaner.com/ Take the tour so you will know what you are doing. It will do much more than clean the registry. When you download, watch the boxes you check, all you need is the Desktop shortcut, the rest of the boxes are not really needed. Here are the instructions for cleaning the registry:

1) Registry cleaner > 5. Issues
    2) scan for issues
    3) Fix selected issues <<< when you click this you get an option
    to Backup the Registry. Always choose YES, never work in your
    Registry without a Backup.
    Save the Backup to your Desktop
    I leave the Backup on my Desktop for a week
    or so, then I right click and delete it. DO NOT
    doubleclick or it will return the old registry backup.

The tour will show you the rest.

Thanks
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006

Good morning/afternoon,

Well, it has been approximately five days since I completed your final instructions. I have been using the computer on-line for that length of time and have seen no evidence of Virtumonde whatsoever. I believe you did it.

I can’t thank you enough. This experience has certainly given me a new appreciation for computer security.

Thanks again and take care,
    George

Hey George, thanks for the feedback and safe surfing

Phil Skelley
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006