Thread: Says trojan scripted with update, run antivirus/spyware

Default Says trojan scripted with update, run antivirus/spyware

When i updated tonight, after it finished, a message came saying there was a trojan with the update and to run antivirus/spyware....

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

What were you updating, Spybot? What was the exact message and what program issued the message?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I was updating spybot SnD, unfortunately I cant remember the message exactly. I've run my antivirus/spyware programs and they found nothing

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    I was updating spybot SnD, unfortunately I cant remember the message exactly. I've run my antivirus/spyware programs and they found nothing

I got the same message when updating last night. It was a box with an X in a red circle that said, "An outsider did inject malicious code into this application! It is strongly recommended that you scan with anti-virus and anti-spyware programs, etc." I went to this site after that and I think I was searching for information about this message and the new spybotsd15he-beta1(version 1.5.1.17) automatically downloaded to my computer which kind of freaked me out. Does this mean I have malicious code? Should I uninstall everything and start over? This has got me very nervous. I love the program but am unsure of what to do next. I did notice the newer one loads a LOT quicker.

Hello,

This is a microsoft message.
    We have implemented this tool as it should be needed for the vista certification.
    But it shows to be buggy and does not make any sense, so we have already deleted it.

Here is the download file for the fix - the new Spybot beta:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/file...15he-beta1.exe

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

This is a microsoft message.
    We have implemented this tool as it should be needed for the vista certification.
    But it shows to be buggy and does not make any sense, so we have already deleted it.

Here is the download file for the fix - the new Spybot beta:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/file...15he-beta1.exe

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Would it be safe to just go back to using 1.5.1.15 and get rid of the new beta? Thanks.