Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Donations

Default Donations

I have no issue with the donation requests but i am having some issues with the following:

1. There is no way, that i can see, to download Spybot S&D without giving up some money.

2. I tried to donate using two different credit cards and both times I got an error stating that is could not verify my credit card. I tried donating $1, $5, and $10.

I am by no means rich so I am trying to give what I have but it just is not happening. I need help getting S&D so I can further my atttempt at ridding my PC of this spyware problem.

P.S. I am new to Spybot so any help is appreciated.

Hello.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikewow02 View Post
    I have no issue with the donation requests but i am having some issues with the following:

1. There is no way, that i can see, to download Spybot S&D without giving up some money.

2. I tried to donate using two different credit cards and both times I got an error stating that is could not verify my credit card. I tried donating $1, $5, and $10.

I am by no means rich so I am trying to give what I have but it just is not happening. I need help getting S&D so I can further my atttempt at ridding my PC of this spyware problem.

P.S. I am new to Spybot so any help is appreciated.
    As Spybot-S&D is free for personal use, may I ask where, and from whom, you are trying to download from?

Edit:
    Response to another member regarding so called "registration".
    Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Well, I'm afraid you were cheated

Spybot-S&D fully works, donation or not, same service for everyone, etc.

We do not block cleaning, we do not block scanning, we do not even have any "Unregistered" warnings. nor serial numbers. If people want to donate, fine, but we want to persuade them through quality, not through such silly enforcements

Some companies spread rogue software using our name in advertisement though, the most popular example probably being "SpywareBot".

I suggest you download the real Spybot-S&D from our server, and try to get your money back from whoever sold you the fake one. If they don't cooperate, you can always call your credit card company and tell them it was fraud, in which case you'll get your money back as well.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=138665
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-01-17 at 08:30. Reason: updated link
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I am sorry about the problem the creator of this thread had.
    I went to all the trouble of registering so I could add my two cents of praise to the Spybot S&D creator and the team.
    I have been using it together with the other great program Spywareblaster (that one you can use also free, though there is an option to purchase/donate)
    Anyway I am a happy and in some case most grateful user since December 2003 or 2004 and wanted to say just congratulations and thank you

Default Spybot - You're not safe without it!

Quote Originally Posted by marthig View Post
    I am sorry about the problem the creator of this thread had.
    I went to all the trouble of registering so I could add my two cents of praise to the Spybot S&D creator and the team.
    I have been using it together with the other great program Spywareblaster (that one you can use also free, though there is an option to purchase/donate)
    Anyway I am a happy and in some case most grateful user since December 2003 or 2004 and wanted to say just congratulations and thank you
    Me too. I've used the program for years and it is brilliant. You guys rock! THANK YOU .

Thumbs up

My sister downloaded spybot on my computer in 2004 and it is totally free!! I download all the updates and find the answers to my questions and queries helpful.
    So thank you Spybot Team, keep up the good work I think you are all angels

I am waiting to get rid of my 'problem' before I donate as I think it is a worth while cause......

I have DL it years ago and walked many people through the process of DL from www. download.com where it is free and cleaned many problem off my computer along with countless others.

I never donate to anything unless its a) worth it b) deserving c)if there Italian lol(just joking had to put that in)

I have made my second donation in the last 2 and a half years.This product is by far the best out there and will be for many years.

Well worth the donations. Keep up the good work and most important keep the woman happy!!!

Ciao

Unhappy

Mikewow02 I'm afraid you've been duped into downloading a fake version of Spybot as the legit version is free to download and use and the only version you have to pay for is the Corporate Edition
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-12-02 at 19:36. Reason: FYI: Mikewow02's post was 2007-11-21. ;-)
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

you guys kick azz..and im gonna donate as soon as i can..as soon as i get money that is...thanx for the work and effort put into S&D

well i dun donated to the cause...probly donate sumore when i can spare sumore...a big thanx to everyone at SN

Just wanted to say that I had no problem at all with the donation process. It was very quick and easy. I'm so thrilled with Spybot. It saved me a ton of money that I would have spent at the pc repair place. Thanks for everything Spybot crew!

Vanessa