Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Issue 062] Not fully immunizing-a glitch?

Unhappy [Issue 062] Not fully immunizing-a glitch?

Hi,

I just updated immunization and it is showing 237 are still unprotected. I checked again, immunized again...same thing.

Yet when I look down through each column, "unprotected", "protected" and "total...all matches up for each individual item. It's only next to Global Hosts where it shows the totals for each column that I see the discrepancy. In other words, at the bottom it shows 237 unprotected, 7288 protected and 7525 total. But as I said, reviewing each column from top to bottom for the individual items shows "0" unprotected for each and the protected/unprotected columns match up perfectly.

Is this a glitch? Does any one else have this problem? Prior to upgrading Spybot to the newer version (1.5.1.15), I never had this problem.

Any help or input regarding this problem that has me concerned will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    LTS11

Hello,

Some users have reported that they use SpySweeper or SpywareBlaster and shutting them down solves the problem. ZoneAlarm might also block the global hosts. If you go to Firewall in ZoneAlarm on the left and then the main tab in the upper right then go down to the advance button and click on it you will see under General setting "Lock Hosts file".

Further please try the following:
    Open Spybot > Immunize > under Windows uncheck Global (Hosts). Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Hosts file > and then click on the "Add Spybot S&D hosts list" button. Go back into Spybot > Immunize
    The problem that not all global host entries have been immunized has also been discussed in our forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...mmunize+global

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thumbs up RE: 'Not fully immunizing-a glitch?'-SOLVED!

Hi Sandra,

The first one I tried was unlocking the hosts file via ZoneAlarm. That SOLVED it! Global Hosts is now fully immunized. Thanks so much for your help.

LTS11

I'm showing 19 uprotected in \SOFTWARE (Plugins) on 2 different machines. I'm logged in as administrator, and even tried running in safe mode, but they still remain unprotected.

Any ideas?

Hello,

If you are not immunizing with full administrator rights, Spybot-S&D might not have enough permissions to fully immunize all user accounts.

If you are using Windows Vista, you should also read this FAQ entry about getting Administrator rights under Vista: www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html

As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
    Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.

Some more information is available in our forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...d=1#post117162
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Another thing though is that immunization only works properly while your browser is closed, since otherwise your browser will overwrite immunization from time to time from the settings it loaded when it was started.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Exclamation Not sure which route to take for myself

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

If you are not immunizing with full administrator rights, Spybot-S&D might not have enough permissions to fully immunize all user accounts.

If you are using Windows Vista, you should also read this FAQ entry about getting Administrator rights under Vista: www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html

As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
    Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.

Some more information is available in our forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...d=1#post117162
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Another thing though is that immunization only works properly while your browser is closed, since otherwise your browser will overwrite immunization from time to time from the settings it loaded when it was started.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Hello. I have 47417 blocked; 108 remain.

I've been reading through several of these threads regarding the "incomplete immunization" problem, but I'm not sure where some people can see a list of what, specifically, is remaining (global hosts, or whatever).

I clicked on the "Add Spybot S&D-hosts list" in Tools>Hosts File...But that changed nothing.

I've run immunize several times, and even closed Spybot S&D; re-opened; immunized...But I keep getting the same numbers complete/incomplete.

I do not have the other program, "ZoneAlarm", mentioned in an earlier post.

How do I find if this involves "hosts", and how do I work with that? Thank you for your time.
    Sheryl

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

jdutchmanjim (Sheryl):

Quote Originally Posted by jdutchmanjim View Post
    ... but I'm not sure where some people can see a list of what, specifically, is remaining (global hosts, or whatever).
    What version of Spybot S&D are you running (Spybot > Help > About)?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hi:

I am running Version 1.5.1.18 and since installation I have a problem immunizing Opera version 9.24.8816.0 Cookies. It indicates 0 Unprotected, 0 Protected, and 175 Total, which is the disparity in the total of 55,774 and 55,559 Protected.

If I open Opera and mannually delete all cookies and play around with it I can get the numbers to match at 55,774 etc.

However as soon as I reboot and not even open Opera it sooner or later comes back with not immunizing Opera cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    jdutchmanjim (Sheryl):

What version of Spybot S&D are you running (Spybot > Help > About)?
    I have 1.5
    I ran my latest detection update 11/28/07

Thanks.
    Sheryl

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

jdutchmanjim:

Quote Originally Posted by jdutchmanjim View Post
    ... but I'm not sure where some people can see a list of what, specifically, is remaining (global hosts, or whatever).
    When you go into Spybot 1.5 > Immunize the list is in the bottom portion of the right hand pane.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.