Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Windows Security Centre.Antivirus Override"

Default Windows Firewall overide

Ok I received this warning when i first ran Spybot. I ran a virus scan a little while ago and found I had some virus's and cleaned up my system. I looked at my Windows fire wall and found it turned off, I never turned it off and I'm the only user on this comp. I can't turn it back on the areas that I can click on are all grayed out or inactive and I can't fined where to change this so I can reactivate the firewall. I'm thinking this may have been caused by a virus I had.

I have a admin rights and I'm running Windows XP Professional with all the latest up dates.

I hope someone can help me out.

(new here and hope I'm posting this in the right place)

If you've read in the previous posts, this entry will mean that your Security Center [notices] are turned off. This will mean that Windows will not tell you about the status of your anti-virus software and Firewall.

What you can do is Allow Spybot-Search&Destroy to fix it. Since, fixing it will restore the registry key value to default.

Default new to pc problems

Ive just recently had similar problems with the override security system spybot. Just recently before it came up I updated my virus protection sypbot and all that good stuff (AVG 8.0 Anti-Virus). I can't seem to get the override off and wondering a few things. Ive scanned my whole pc a view times and it had detected a couple of viruses and trojans. I got rid of what I think is most or all of them, yet the override system protection continues to run its little scan and says I have still have a lot of viruses and trojans and things like that. Are there still viruses that the override program is detecting that my other Avg isnt? Or is it just not realizing that I have cleaned them up and not registering that I have another update protection program. Is this normal? Is there any way I can get this off or not?

If you got the point of this whole thread, Spybot-Search&Destroy is telling you that the monitoring of anti-virus/firewall is disabled in the Windows Security Center (introduced in Windows XP SP2).

You might as well fix that entry (Windows Security Center.Override...).