Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TeaTimer - Memory Usage

Default TeaTimer - Memory Usage

The teatimer.exe process is using between 17-19MB of my memory now and I just wondered if there was any way of decreasing this figure? I've read it should only be using around 5MB...

Whilst I think of it, I have quite a few allowed registry processes/blocked processes in the black and white list. Can I clear all these out?

I have a similar problem on 3 different machines, except memory usage is about 34MB!

I've also wondered why a 'timer' program should be such a memory hog, as well as why it requires nearly 100% CPU on startup (30+ seconds).

BTW: one of these machines is even using the latest "Halloween" update.

OOPS! Browser hung while posting & sent previous post twice. ADMIN - OK to delete this entry.
    Last edited by mcowen; 2007-11-30 at 00:27.

Lightbulb you most certainly can!

Quote Originally Posted by em1500uk View Post
    Whilst I think of it, I have quite a few allowed registry processes/blocked processes in the black and white list. Can I clear all these out?
    right click teatimer and click settings.........when the box pops up u can click the black x and keep clicking them all to delete all of them. cycle thru all the things to delete the others in the other categories.

as for it taking more ram, that could possible be a solution to that problem. hope that helps!

Default Any solution yet?

I to see my tea Timer using 35MB..
    Far higher then the 5MB you suggest it uses.

I had a look at my Tea Timer setting as 12960 had said, and they are empty..

Had played World of Warcraft earlier, and see it is now down to 29mb of memory usage...
    Right after bootup however it's consistently at 35,000k (give or take a few hundred k)

Should tea timer be rivaling my AV's active scanner for memory use?

My regards from Greece!

Same problem here, 30mb of ram.

I'm using Avast! AV and Comodo Firewall PRO.

my teatimer.exe work always at 36mb ....
    kaspersky antivirus 7.....
    xp home edition full update... or xp pro edition full updated.. (2 pc....)

help....

Lightbulb try clearing out....

all the stuff in the list in resident with the post i made above. That will clear everything. I found that over time the teatimer takes more ram and cpu usage when there are more then 20 objects in the list of allowed changes in any tab, such as blocked process, blocked registry change, etc. Also, try exiting teatimer after clearing the items and restart. That has helped me in the past, i hope it helps you guys!

Exclamation first of all....

Quote Originally Posted by mcowen View Post
    I have a similar problem on 3 different machines, except memory usage is about 34MB!

I've also wondered why a 'timer' program should be such a memory hog, as well as why it requires nearly 100% CPU on startup (30+ seconds).

BTW: one of these machines is even using the latest "Halloween" update.
    everyone here should upgrade to the latest addition of spybot found on the home page. Then try the solutions i offered.
    Please read this information about TeaTimer:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/33.html

and

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/34.html

If you surf the web and without any user interaction the teatimer pops up and warns about a registry change it is better to "deny", but if you install something by yourself it is OK to "allow" the change. I put this here to just let all of you know and be informed about what exactly teatimer does, etc.