Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TeaTimer - Memory Usage

Thank you for the information.
    Installed the beta and will give that a shot.

Running at 41,724k right now... Little more then older version, but far better then 700,000k.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD38 View Post
    Thank you for the information.
    Installed the beta and will give that a shot.

Running at 41,724k right now... Little more then older version, but far better then 700,000k.
    Hey all,

40MB ram usage would be more understandable than my current 128MB usage...

seems when i got my vista laptop a couple of years back, Teatimer decided to take a bigger slice of the pie that is my system's ram. this is unacceptable.

why the hell does it need over 100 megabytes of memory?!

seriously spybot guys, you need to better optimize how this thing requires and uses ram...

other than that, spybot is excellent.

Hi batkinson001,

how much RAM do you have?

You can find more information here, here and here.

Let's hope that the new realtime protection in the future 2.0 won't need so much RAM.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

After noticing this thread and reading its posts, I was curious what would be my case...
    ... just 123MB ram for teatimer running on XP home edition SP3.

No comment. I believe if this figure can be lowered, this problem will, sooner or later, be solved for sure.

Kerim

Quote Originally Posted by Kerim View Post
    After noticing this thread and reading its posts, I was curious what would be my case...
    ... just 123MB ram for teatimer running on XP home edition SP3.

No comment. I believe if this figure can be lowered, this problem will, sooner or later, be solved for sure.

Kerim
    Same here... am using an old PC... PIII 996MHz, WinXP Pro SP3, 384MB RAM... and imagine Teatimer occupying 106MB... arghhh!!!

Have you restarted your PC?

Default Excessive memory usage with TeaTimer

I'm new to this forum. I've been noticing that TeaTimer is taking alot of memory in Task Manager. Most of the time it takes about 123 M Conventional Memory and 122 M VM and peak memory usage was over 306 M!! What is causing this major memory usage? I just restated my computer about 10 min ago. I've used Spybot for many years and I have never had a problem with it using so much memory until just recently. Seems there are quite a few people that are having the same problem.

I am running XP sp3 Media Center Edition 2003 with 1G onboard memory.

Default Memory usage

Right now, on my computer running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, tea tree timer is using 89 MB this is currently the highest memory usage of all the processess running on my comp even beating firefox with 3 tabs open at 86 MB. My avira antivirus only uses 1.4 MB while idle and lavasoft ad aware is only using 1.5 MB. My system does have 4 GB of ram so I think tea timer is just taking greedily as it feels the need to. I guess that is better than using page file cause at least its cpu usage is down at between 1-2 % but it does use a bit more during start up. Thinking of disabeling it or going for syp terminator also free app with active guard.

I'm kinda surprised that lavasoft ad-aware is only using 1.5 MB considering it was a relatively massive 126 MB download compared to 16 MB for spybot + 8 MB for updates