Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how do i remove spybot sddelfile from system!?

Angry how do i remove spybot sddelfile from system!?

Used to ran 1.4 s&d , did upgrade to 1.5 beta

System is SO slow at startup , it takes about 5-10 minutes to load windows.

Did uninstall s&d , but then at startup a cmd windows appears telling me that s&d is removing sddel.exe but than nothing happends.

www.receptarkiv.se/error2.JPG

This happends if i just let it run .

How do i get rid of this problem ?

It seems that at startup he wants to load :

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy/SDDelFile.exe

Did uninstall s&d but that file still remains in the directory , and did remove those files then he only complains that he needs that file . How do i remove it from the registry?

Edit: Only solution that ive found out is to remove all lines in regedit
    It this a known bug ?
    Last edited by dunken; 2007-12-08 at 06:37. Reason: Solution

Spybot-S&D should not slowdown the startup at all.
    These entries are about removing something that couldn't be fixed during normal operation, so they were sheduled to be removed on startup. Shouldn't crash of course! Hmmm...
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Have tried to install s&d again , and im getting the same results here .

Any tip ?

Could you post the data of those registry values you mentioned, so that we can see what it is actually trying to remove? That might help to determine whether it's a general problem or related to an ugly piece of malware

Hi i have a similar problem.

We downloaded spybot onto our computer but it seems to have suddenly slowed down on start up taking about 10 mins to load. Therefore I removed the programme this then lead to a error message when i restarted my computer saying cannot find the - Spybot - search and destroy/sddelfile.exe and windows wouldn't load at all. I therefore had to used the command line to access my computer as windows would not fully load and I re installed Spybot - so now i'm back to waiting 10 mins for windows to load. How can I fix this?

Also now keep getting error popping up "command line file remover for spybot-s&D

Command line file romover for spybotS&D has encounted a problem and needs to close - when i click for more info this says AppName: sddelfile.exe

Any Heelp please!

now another error message saying

SDDelfile.exe - unable to locate compent - this application has failed to start because WTSAPI32.dll was not found

Which version of Spybot-S&D are you speaking about?

The slow one is the public 1.5 (1.5.1.15), but SDDelFile was only part of the beta 1.5.1.18 if I'm not mistaken.

Also, SDDelFile can't break Windows to not start at all, it's a simple usermode application set up in the Run part of the registry (not as shell or something else of the critical type)

well only solution that ive found was to load windows in failsafe mode , then run regedit and search for "sddelfile.exe" and remove all strings with that attached .

Dont forget to make a copy of the settings before starting if something goes wrong ..

Default sddelfile problems

Just for the record, this sddelfile.exe is causing problems for me too. It looks like it's getting into some sort of infinite loop where the sddelfile.exe program gets re-executed continuously. I have no idea why, but the end result renders my computer effectively CPU bound and crashed. Maybe it's trying to do something useful and necessary, but the infinite loop thing is a design flaw. There should NEVER be a situation that allows that. Now the loop is happening at boot time, so I can't boot successfully either! I can see the process ID keeps changing, so it's being re-executed continuously. <sigh>
    Last edited by pschmidt99; 2007-12-27 at 03:33.

There should be no infinite loop really - it attempts a lot of different methods, and indeed recurses, but only one level (after trying to rename a file). I'll create a debug version of this asap, that'll help in tracking down the source of the problem!