Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: System freezes running 1.5.1.15

Hello,

Please try the following:
    Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy in "Advanced Mode" and go to "Settings" -> "Ignore products".
    There tick the checkbox in front of MalwareC.sbi and Malware.sbi .
    Please try if the scan works now.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Last edited by MisterW; 2008-01-09 at 11:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
    I am the rookie, but I have been trying to work on a work around, I don't even know what that is but I have heard the term before. I thought I had a virus or two but now I have come to the conclusion (right or wrong) that the virus is related to Spybot Search&Destroy. I find too that it is rendered useless. However, I'm not programmer but I am working on what I might term as a work around. I'm not sure because I don't consider myself a programmer, just a secretary type.

Anyway, I am getting close to something (I think) but then how do I get rid of the virus -- if I get my spy bot to run through the entire program. I got so close to the end. I now need a break so I'm going to forget it for this evening. I can type up some notes and give them to whom ever wants to pursue this further. I invite Spybot to contact me and ask me for what I have discovered --- if anything, I think I am on to something because I almost got clear to the end of the program this time before it bebooted, it seems to find what files I thought I hid (sort of) in order to work the work around. I aslo printed out the files listed, but you won't see them at all if you run your program until you press immunize during the scanning process. This way I was able to continue several times, getting me closer and closer, but the virus seems to find my work around too. It seems to be changing my windows program so that it is most difficult to open my email but I have to have it OPEN as well as another userid for MSN going in order to be able to access both the Spybot now and run it (using Run) then _ I have to try up to 50 times to get my spybot to open (it doesn't even wanat to open now - and I do two tings to get it to open and keep repeating about 50times and finally it will open) too but it will finally open. I was able to print something not sure what it means if anything and I can tell you the errors that show up listing 3 but you don't see the files until later if you are able to continue the scan. Then it still comes back and reboots even thought I'm so close to the end of running the scan. Thanks for listening.

Ricke if you want to know what I may or may not know at this point as a rookie and perhaps you can help me, help you
    please don't hesitate to contact me.

Spybot -- can you confirm that I am on to something surely Rick and I are not the only two people with this problem with your softwre, it would be ashamed to NOT be able to stop this Brute or Bute that is doing this against you.

I must say that my figuring out some of this is purely due to persistence.

Thanks
    Utah Rookie girl
    Hi Lindy, I noticed that you are worried about losing data and you may have gotten some corruption due to all the hard locks your system went through. You can fix these usually by running a chkdsk.

Go to "Start"->"Run..." and in the dialog box that comes up, type in "cmd" and press the "Enter" key. When the black screen comes up, type in: "chkdsk /f". The computer will tell you that the program cannot be run because the volume is in use by another process and would you like to run on system restart? Type in "Y" and hit enter, then restart your computer.
    If you have any data corruption, it should be recoverable. Good luck with Spybot.

I had the same problem sybot stopped on vario antivirus. I ran a disc cleaner utility which activated antivir when it tried to delete files in c:\documents and setting\(username)\local settings\Temp (antivir did not pick this up on a normal scan) antivir identified a file in the directory as a trojan. I think it is called AAA as I am getting error logs with 0x414141.

I then used a console to try to clear out the temp file which crashed . I then booted up in safe mode and the same happened. Even just a directory listing will crash the console.

I have now renamed the temp folder and created a new one. Spybot now runs OK. and found 3 other problems :-)

I have no idea how to remove the file but I am assuming so long as it is not accessed all will be fine. I was thinking about removing the disc and attaching to 2nd comp.

I also had to remove and reload Java but this may not be related to this trojan.

Good luck.