Thread: How can I get around Spybot

Default How can I get around Spybot

Can someone tell me how to get around the block Spybot puts up at times when I want to go to certain sites? I realize it's trying to save me trouble but it just won't even give me an option to take a chance.

Thank you

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

What version of Spybot are you running (Spybot > Help > About) and can you provide a sample of a site URL that is being blocked?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

One site that I keep having problems with is https://secure.registerapi.com/account/login.php - which is the domain maintenance login link at namesdirect.com & mydomain.com.

I have to manually remove the "registerapi.com" registry entries from all occurrences of ZoneMap\Domains to get back in (or use Firefox).

That makes two solutions!

Arrow what spybot version??

spybot version 1.4, 1.5 etc. what is it?

Sorry folks, been so busy with Christmas and all I forgot to check back.

I'm using the 1.5.1.15 version. There are a few sites it won't let me view or do anything with, one is Coke Rewards. www.mycokerewards.com. It won't even give me the option to allow me to go there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Darlene

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

overallgal:

I personally have no problems getting to www.mycokerewards.com (which is redirected to http://www.mycokerewards.com/index.j...indowType:home), so don't what the problem could be.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hello,

Please open the Tools menu in your Internet Explorer and choose 'Spybot - Search Destroy Configuration'.
    There you will find a drop down menu where you should select "Ask for blocking confirmation".
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/s...d15/index.html (3rd picture)
    If you want to visit a blocked website choose "Allow". Hope this solves the problem.
    If this doesn't work please run Spybot-S&D and select "Spybot-S&D" --> "Immunize" in the navigation bar on the left. Please hit "Undo".
    Then choose 'Tools' from the navigation bar on the left and untick the checkbox in front of the 'SdHelper'.

But Warning: now the bad downloads won't be blocked any longer! Maybe you have to restart your computer now. Then try again to open your favourite pages. Don't forget to "immunize" again after visiting that page.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thank you for your responces, I'll try these things and let you know.

Darlene