Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spybot causes shut down

Quote Originally Posted by sappy
    i even tried spyware doctor but that turned off during scanning as well it stopped while scanning guids if that means anything
    It might.
    If you are not being helped at another forum, please follow these instructions.
    BEFORE you post a log, and who will advise you. Preliminary Steps

Start a topic here:
    Malware Forum

Someone will then take a look at the system and advise you as soon as able.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I am facing the same problem

Its gets restarted on the middle of the scan

I think some problem is with the spybot

I using this for the last 2 years

It is getting restarted only last 5 days

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

great:

When fixing problems in Spybot-S&D and a "Creating System Restore Point" dialog is being displayed for more than a few seconds, there may be a Spybot-S&D "Confirmation" dialog hidden behind the "Creating System Restore Point" dialog.

To bring the Spybot-S&D "Confirmation" dialog to the foreground so that it can be answered, do the following:
    • Press and hold the Alt key > hit Tab > if necessary, continue to hit Tab until the Spybot icon is selected > release the Alt key > answer Spybot's Confirmation dialog. The system should complete taking the Restore Point, the "Creating System Restore Point" dialog should clear and Spybot-S&D should continue to fix the problems that were selected to be fix.

If that does not help:

Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings. Scroll down the options tree to Main settings. Uncheck the following option:
    • Create system restore point when fixing spyware/usage tracks (Win XP only).

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sappy View Post
    not to sound disrespectful but ive already checked the fans they are all super clean i just dont understand why it keeps shutting down we even got the power supply changed and that seemed to sort it out for a little while but then two days ago poof computer turned off

it seems to be while scanning but has turned off once or twice whilst not scanning but its almost always while scanning

i even tried spyware doctor but that turned off during scanning as well it stopped while scanning guids if that means anything
    however ad aware will scan all the way to the end even on full deep scan so now my head really hurts and i dont have a clue whats wrong

any help would be appreciated cheers
    Same thing happened to me. But after cleaning the face of the heatsink and the processor, and putting some thermal paste on them, the temperature dropped. go to this site to see how to apply thermal grease/paste... http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/274
    Last edited by romag; 2008-03-30 at 11:30.