Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1.5.2 Release Candidate 1 (aka 1.5.1.19) here

Default 1.5.2 Release Candidate 1 (aka 1.5.1.19) here

As you might have noticed in the project tracker (where you can also find a list of changes), we'll just name the next version 1.5.2. Version 1.5.1.19 is thus the release candidate for the final 1.5.2 release.

Download available here
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default have a look

hey, im testing it now but i noticed straight away in the immunize section undo takes a longg time.
    I thought immunize would not be that much quicker than undo, could you test undo, everyone else please.
    You have a look Pepimk thanks
    --------------------------------------------------
    King of zlobtrojan, virusburst, spyaxe, and elite bar infections.

Default ....

-i find it strange i can open spybot as many times as a want at the same time and run many scans at the same time, and when spybot is already open if i double click the teatimer icon in the tasktray it open another instance of spybot, is that normal for programs?

-In Tools - Resident,
    next to archive there is no icon, its just a grey box, im on vista home premium, also wondering does this resident think not work on vista? Because it says Windows 9x, ME,, or NT/2000/XP, i was just curious because i thought it worked on vista, if it does can it says and Vista, i got confused.
    Plus there is no button or anything i can do to list or display the protocols or whatever i am meant to display

-in ie tweaks how do we know what the custom titles are?

-in View Report when you actually click View Report i really think you need a back button to get back to the previous screen, it would fit

-System Internals has nothing listed yet i can press Fix selected problems, it makes me think it should be faded and unclickable, there might be a few more sections like that somewhere

-System Startup, each time upon going to this page the first time after launching spybot the 'Toggle, edit, and Delete' buttons arent clickable, not until i select something which makes sense but if i than go to system internals and than back to system startup the buttons are cliackable and i havent selected anything, also i am not going to try this but when you click delete it should ask you a confirmation "are you sure?", i assume you have that, im not testing it :P

-Uninstall info, i dont understand what this does, does it just delete the uninstaller entry from a program? because i have xfire installed and i clicked delete and nothing happened to the program so i assume the uninstaller or something not hindering xfire from working is just deleted

-Opt Out, in this bit it's kind of hard to assume you click the entry, there should be a button called 'Open Link'

-in the installer i untiked teatimer and so when i go to security center it says spybot is snoozing but when i turn it on the resident/teatimer thing comes on in my tasktray, just wondering what is it? i dont want that registry monitoring thing on but i want everything else on, the registry thing is annoying, so is it on or not? i dont understand
    --------------------------------------------------
    King of zlobtrojan, virusburst, spyaxe, and elite bar infections.

Hello
    not bad I think.
    XP, SP 2 - Dec. 2007, 896 MB RAM, 1,60 GHz
    Mozilla 2.0.11, Opera 9.25, IE 7
    clean install: Only program and "includes" ->
    installation normal; program-start fast; immunisation normal and completely (); tracks all erased - MSDirectInput too; scan-time in total: 21 min

THX and LG!

Hello,

Good installation over version 1.5.1.18

No problem

It seems to work correctly (I do not use tea timer)

Just one thing I have seen : now I have 57236 items secured ... and before it was more than 85 000 items with 1.5.1.18 !!!

(I have win xp sp2 home with Firefox 2.0.0.11, Opera 9.25 and Ie7)

For Sims39 : vaccination takes less than 1 min !

And undo vaccination takes more than 3 min but less than 4 min !
    Last edited by Asus L3500TP; 2008-01-06 at 20:47.
    @+

A vida não se resume em festivais (G.Vandré)

To be complete :

Scan complète : 109 911 items/109 911 items in 25 min !
    @+

A vida não se resume em festivais (G.Vandré)

Former Microsoft MVP (RIP) siljaline's Avatar

Thumbs up

This build although not an RTM, fixes the slow start-up issue.

Thanks to the developers who recognized this problem and fixed it.

Silj Former five-year MS MVP.

Esteemed Member

The problem reported in

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=20352

(excluded items show in recovery as fixed after fixing others)

no longer occurs.

Many thanks.

How can I disable the Spybot-S&D tab that now appears in the properties of all files?

Thanks for the feedback so far

@hash420: you would have to unregister SDFiles.dll; on a command line, switch to the Spybot-S&D folder and type:
    Code:
    regsvr32 /u sdfiles.dll
    What reason do you have to remove it though? It does not slow down the loading of the properties tab; Windows manages property sheets in an on-demand matter: they only execute code when you show them, not just on opening the dialog.

@Asus L3500TP: that is probably due to this one:
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=132

@sims39: Firefox de-immunization is still kind of slow, that's right. Still faster than before the fix though

The "multiple instances" thing, with programs having many windows open or not, is a long story in software development Imho, the operating system should offer a dedicated way to set this behaviour, but it doesn't. I've blogged (very technical though) about it once; there are at least four different "standard" methods to prevent multiple instances of an application, each with its own advantages and disadvantages (window classes and message pings might be bad when run under different privileges on Vista, mutexes are bad when an application crashes, the process list has disadvantages regarding 32 vs. 64 bit systems...).
    Still, it works as intended here. I will have to test on Vista, might be the thing mentioned above.

The text just has not been updated to say "Vista", it should work fineon Vista as well. The text basically just means 9x based (single-user OS) vs. NT based (multi-user OS with access rights)

Custom titles are, well, custom titles For Internet Explorer windows, to be exact. Some malware actually changed that; and some custom IE versions (usually provided by Internet access providers) do add their name there so that you see it on top of every IE window. Or you could enter your own.
    Not sure if it even still works in IE7.

Tools - System Startup indeed has a confirmation, unless you've disabled confirmation dialogs on the settings page. The button stati are set whenever you click the list, press a key while the list is focused. Updated that to also update the button status when entering the page, thanks

SysInternals - button enabled state fixed.

Yes, the uninstall list is just that - a list to be able to get rid of uninstall entries that don't go away the usual way, and to see what's installed (while you're already browsing the other tools, that might be helpful).

Opt Out will be removed in the future as well. People expect it in a 1.x version, but it's really just a simple list which is better off as a list on the website or forum.

TeaTimer is not just for the registry monitor, but also for monitoring running applications etc.. The way the Windows Security Center stuff is declared, "snooze" is the proper state for TeaTimer not running, since Spybot-s&D is not "complete".

Hope I didn't miss anything
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)