Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1.5.2 Release Candidate 1 (aka 1.5.1.19) here

Default ...

thanks mate, i am not sure but i think you said you fixed that icon not showing, anyway will test next release, also i am bringing up the ability to right click on folders and choose the spybot tab, folders, files and both together.
    also vista is strange, i had spybot running a scan and i could launch spybot again and scan at the same time and when i double click teatimer to bring up the minimized spybot it opens a knew instance, read your blog, i just hope someone at microsoft reads it.

keep up the good work.
    --------------------------------------------------
    King of zlobtrojan, virusburst, spyaxe, and elite bar infections.

Question What about the reduced number of items secured...

as asked by Asus L3500TP in post #5:

"Just one thing I have seen : now I have 57236 items secured ... and before it was more than 85 000 items with 1.5.1.18 !!!"

My upgrade to v1.5.1.19 worked as it was supposed to (on a Win2K), but I recommended it to a someone else with XP SP2, and he has the same problem as Asus L3500TP.

If anyone answered Asus' question, I can't find it.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeeprad View Post
    as asked by Asus L3500TP in post #5:

If anyone answered Asus' question, I can't find it.
    Answered in post #10:

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    @Asus L3500TP: that is probably due to this one:
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=132

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Red face Yep, I sure did read that...

Didn't understand a word of it.

Arrow Posted previous reply prematurely

... and then took too long editing it

I did read that explanation initially. I didn't even realize it addressed the question I asked.

So is that saying that certain "system account profiles" (?) won't be immunized any more because it is unlikely that they will be accessed?
    Can the user be assured that he has the same amount of protection, even though the number of immunized items appears to be less than before?

Please try to simplify the explanation for me if you would be so kind.

Thanks.

Question Strange thing in TeaTimer with v1.5.2RC1

Hello Spybot Team,

Hope this is the right place to post this. If not, sorry!
    Since I've upgraded to Spybot SD 1.5.2, there's a strange thing going on in TeaTimer. Every Time I start Windows, TeaTimer warns me about some registry changes. And there are the registry changes from last windows startup (they are the same on every Windows startup, if I'm not wrong):
    Code:
    10.01.2008 г. 09:38:46 Allowed (based on user decision) value "Local Page" (new data: "%SystemRoot%\system32\blank.htm") changed in Browser page!
    10.01.2008 г. 09:38:53 Allowed (based on user decision) value "BootExecute" (new data: "autocheck autochk *
    ") changed in Session manager!
    10.01.2008 г. 09:38:53 Allowed (based on user decision) value "BootExecute" (new data: "autocheck autochk *
    ") changed in Session manager!
    10.01.2008 г. 09:38:54 Allowed (based on user decision) value "ExcludeFromKnownDlls" (new data: "") changed in Session manager!
    What's going on? What are those registry changes? As you can probably see, I've allowed all of those changes. Did I do good? Or maybe I should have denied them? Please HELP!

Thank you for the help in advance!
    Best wishes!

See this thread just a few below this one

Allowing them was indeed the right thing; their value wasn't restored quite properly from the snapshot files, that's why they're shown.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Smile

See this thread just a few below this one

Allowing them was indeed the right thing; their value wasn't restored quite properly from the snapshot files, that's why they're shown.
    Thank you for pointing that thread! Sorry that I was too lazy to look around the forum. And even the thread was a few below this one. Shame of me! But ... thanks again anyway. And sorry if my english is not so good .

same computer, XP SP2 - jan. 08:
    "includes" - 09/01/2008: scan-runtime: exact. 26 min.
    LG

@hash420: you would have to unregister SDFiles.dll; on a command line, switch to the Spybot-S&D folder and type:
    Code:
    regsvr32 /u sdfiles.dll
    What reason do you have to remove it though? It does not slow down the loading of the properties tab; Windows manages property sheets in an on-demand matter: they only execute code when you show them, not just on opening the dialog.
    Thanks a lot for this. I've been looking for a solution to this since I've upgraded.

The reason I want to remove it is that it's useless to me. I hate software that feels the need to take over your system by installing extra components everywhere. I like my computer to be clean and uncluttered. The reason I installed Spybot was to remove this kind of software in the first place!

Please add an option to easily disable this "feature" in future releases. Thanks.