Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1.5.2 Release Candidate 1 (aka 1.5.1.19) here

Angry So at the risk of sounding stupid...

In reference to my posts #12, 14 and 15, which in turn referenced Asus L3500TP in post #5:
    "Just one thing I have seen : now I have 57236 items secured ... and before it was more than 85 000 items with 1.5.1.18 !!!"

Is no one going to even try to simplify the explanation of why there are (seemingly) less items immunized now than before?

Perhaps I'm wrong and maybe I really am stupid, but I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who doesn't understand the explanation as given here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=132

Esteemed Member

On your PC, in addition to user accounts you have created, there are other accounts (which are part of Windows), such as system, local service, network service, allusers, default.

Before the latest update, Spybot added the same inmmunization registry entries to most of those accounts as well as to user accounts you have created, which made the total number of immunization items much larger, because each registry entry is counted separately. For example, immunization against one threat registered for 5 accounts counts as 5 items in the total. Since the link you give states that they are no longer added to system, local service and network service accounts accounts, the total now is a lot less, but the number of distinct threats against which your system is immunized is not less.

I have only one user account and on my system, there are now a total of 33003 immunization items.

Thumbs up Thanks, Rosenfeld.

Good explanation and all I needed to know.

Exclamation spybotsd152rc1 ?

is this the latest beta build out? i clicked on the blue linke that says click here to download and that is the name of the file that is gave me. the one i have in before i install this one is v1.15.1.17 if someone could let me know if this is the thread that i need to look in to keep the most up todate program in my pc thanks im running xp pro 3.4ghurst prosesser 1gig of DRR Ram 533 mhurst front side bus

Hello,

That is the latest version.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Talking

Glad to see the slowwwww startup bug is finally getting fixed. I was just getting ready to start a new topic till I found this, lol.

Unhappy new tab displayed in properties causes Explorer to crash

Hello,

on a PC with Windows 98SE, the new feature in 1.5.2 RC1:
    new tab "Spybot-S&D" displayed in the properties of every file,
    make that Explorer crashes each time you try to open this tab.

(At least, it would be useful to be able to easily uninstall or disable it.)

Thanks.
    Charles.

PS : I had to downgrade to "spybotsd15he-beta2" (aka 1.5.1.18),
    which is working fine

Is there an MSI installer for this version?

Default Unprotected? And 34MB of Ram?

Hi, I think this is an issue with 1.5 in general, but I thought I would post here as well since I'm using 1.5.2 RC1:

I notice there's some changes to how immunization operates and I'm wondering what those red "unprotected" numbers mean.

Also...Why on earth does teatimer use 34MB of RAM?

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

-Ryan

Default New BETA

Hello-

I've been running the 1.5.1.15 version for a few weeks on XP Pro, and the program has proven (to me) to work very well. I had a very recent issue within XP Pro that said "a certain program will not allow would not you to disconnect from the wireless router." As well, I was not able to "click" on the WINDOWS download updates button and have the WINDOWS page fully load and check my system for needed updates. Bottom line, I ran the scan as well as the registry scan and both problems were resolved.....thank you.

Using V. 1.5.1.15, startup is ~30 sec.

I'm planning on installing the program on a new VISTA system, and I want to make sure there are no issues that will hamper the new system.

I've read some of the forum threads and found the 1.5.1.19 (1.5.2) upgrade and downloaded that upgrade file. When I highlight the file, it is displayed as v 1.5.1.18. Is this correct???

Thanks........