Thread: Teatimer whitelist wildcard

Default Teatimer whitelist wildcard

I searched through the forum and FAQs, but didn't find anyone who addressed this specific issue -- I am using the teatimer resident protection and have whitelisted some repetitive entries successfully. However, I have certain entries that include a dynamically generated value in them. It is always the same path, but includes a randomly generated filename. (e.g., C:\Documents and Settings\jsmith\temp\VPN\tunnel\sdfgh345678dfghj.exe). I can't whitelist this because each time I connect to the VPM the filename is different. Is it possible to add a wildcard to the whitelist such as C:\Documents and Settings\jsmith\temp\VPN\tunnel\*.exe? If so where? I recognize it is technically a security risk since it would whitelist any executable in that directory, but so is using a whitelist at all.

Spybot 1.5.1.15
    Windows XP Pro
    IE 6 and Firefox 2.0.0.11

Rgds/Mark M.
    Last edited by mmeltser; 2008-01-07 at 17:19. Reason: fix those typos ;-)

Default Anybody

Anybody have any idea?

Default Whitelist wild cards

Shall I assume from the resounding silence that this feature is not supported and the Spybot folks who monitor the forums think so little about the idea they are ashamed to even acknowledge the presence of such an inane question? ;-)

But seriously, is it possible to use wildcards in white listing as I've asked in the above question?

Thanks/Mark M.

Default Whitelist wild cards

Well, it's a new month and I still appear to be the only one answering myself. I felt pretty good when one of the Spybot team read the post shortly after I posted the original, but no joy. So...

Does Tea timer support wild cards in its white list?

Rgds/Mark M.