Thread: Context menu entry

Default Context menu entry

Is there someway to remove the context menu entry on right click? It says erase using spybot when right clicking on a file. I don't know why every program and their brother feels the need to add to the already cluttered right click. Please give us the option on whether we want that or not.

How do I remove that please.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Sliztzan:

Quote Originally Posted by Sliztzan View Post
    I don't know why every program and their brother feels the need to add to the already cluttered right click. Please give us the option on whether we want that or not.
    I believe that it is an installation option, although it may not be clearly explained (see attachment).

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Question very good, but shady :)

thank you.
    my installation had one additional item below yours. the beta program download that fixed some slow startup issues.
    please be among the some of first to give us a option to remove that context menu entry without having to hunt the registry for the handlers. I'm guessing you would want to put that in advanced options?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Sliztzan:

Quote Originally Posted by Sliztzan View Post
    please be among the some of first to give us a option to remove that context menu entry without having to hunt the registry for the handlers. I'm guessing you would want to put that in advanced options?
    I framed your request in the form of a suggestion (Separate Secure Shredder suggestion) in the Spybot-S&D Beta forum in the following thread:

If that suggestion does not satisfy your desires, please free to elaborate.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Oh, thats fine. Thanks very much for the transfer.