Thread: Can't Post in Malware

Default Can't Post in Malware

While I'm waiting to see something back on my post in malware removal (see http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=22591 - oughta be a link, but the screen says HTML off, so I dunno) I thought I'd run the Kaspersky online just to get a feel for it, plus - what the hell - it couldn't hurt?

Now I'm REALLY confused. I just let the online Kaspersky run for 3 1/2 hours, on my GOOD Windows computer, and it tells me this computer (which has no noticeable symptoms) has 18 viruses in 75 objects. However, when I review the list, most of them are Real or Ultra VNC, or Firefox profile files (most of which are plain text) - is it possible these are infected with viruses?

There are some real ones listed, but as far as I can tell so far they're old ones that were detected and manually removed to a "quarantine" directory long since. I'm still looking - obviously, I want to be sure... but, is it possible - no, scratch that... of course, it's POSSIBLE - is it LIKELY that both versions of vnc are harbouring viruses? I'm doubting it, but...

Default Can't Post in Malware

Trying to be a good player here, I went through the Kaspersky and HJT procedures and copied the logs... and it won't let me post because it's too big.

Now what?
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-01-12 at 04:47. Reason: Two topics merged

Hello.

Copy and paste that information into your next post if the AV content will fit into one post only.
    If the results of the anti virus scan itself will take more than one post to contain, it is best not to post it. Just make a note for our volunteers so they are aware, as it would be best to start off with no more than two posts (total) in your topic before a helper responds.
    "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

You can also just post the HJT log and make a note for a helper that you have the results of the KAV scan when needed.

Hope that helps.

Also please note that the Tavern is
    A place to chat or ask questions that are not related to Spybot-S&D support/tools or malware removal support.

Edit.
    You can post in your new malware forum topic and if questions posed make the topic look like it was answered, I will make a note for helpers.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=22591

However, if you can start off there with a hjt log and then wait before adding to the thread, that would be good.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Two topics merged
    Thanks for the response. YOu're right, I missed the line in the sticky about posting only HJT - wish I'd known it BEFORE I let Kaspersky run for 3 1/2 hours! I'll post the HJT log by itself.

By the way, since you merged my original question out of existence --as far as the subject line, anyway... and it really was NOT on this topic, to my way of thinking-- do you have an answer for it? I sort of assumed that vnc (and a couple of autoit programs that I wrote) are on Kaspersky's sh!tlist because of some of the api functions they use... is that what it is?