Thread: My S&D picked up TagASaurus but

Default My S&D picked up TagASaurus but

this infection of TagASaurus only showed up in S&D and none of my other programs CA anti virus and spywear and really i would like to know why, it looks like its gone now but i want to know if it was a false detection or what, can any one please help me stuff like this makes me paranoid.

hope im posting this in the right place this is my first post.

Hello,

Tagasaurus is a cookie. It is quite common for popular websites to employ such tracking cookies from third parties. They use them in order to track the users' surfing habits on their websites. As I said, these cookies are from third parties but they are employed by the site.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

spybotsandra:

If you go into Spybot > Ignore products, TagASaurus is listed as a Trojan. It seems as if the detection rule for the TagASaurus tracking cookie it is in the Trojans.sbi database rather than the Cookies.sbi database.

The fact that TagASaurus is listed as a Trojan has caused confusion in the past and I believe that the problem should be corrected.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Retired

Md USA Spybot Fan:
    There are two different detection rules for TagASaurus: One in the cookies section and another one in the Trojans.sbi. So there is a real trojan detection behind that name. Maybe it would be better to split TagASaurus into "Cookie.TagASaurus" and "Trojan.TagASaurus".

regards,
    Markus

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Markus:

Thanks for taking a look at the problem.

Splitting the detections sounds like a good solution.

Regards,
    md usa spybot fan

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default thanks

thanks a lot every one i saw Trojan and it freaked me out and again thanks a lot.