Thread: Unprotected and TeaTimer RAM

Default Unprotected and TeaTimer RAM

I'm trying to figure out what Unprotected means and why the total, protected, and unprotected numbers are different on each computer?

1.4 was a little simpler in it's presentation

Main thing though...Why on earth is TeaTimer using so much RAM now. Please help. Thanks.

-Ryan

Hello Ryan,

Are you using Windows XP? If so read these:
    Question about Spybot S&D accounts and Immunize
    Comparing Immunization Spybot Numbers

If you are not using Windows XP:
    Immunization
    Hope this helps.

If you are not immunizing with full administrator rights, Spybot-S&D might not have enough permissions to fully immunize all user accounts.

If you are using Windows Vista, you should also read this FAQ entry about getting Administrator rights under Vista.

As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
    Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.

Some more information is available in our forum.

Another thing though is that immunization only works properly while your browser is closed, since otherwise your browser will overwrite immunization from time to time from the settings it loaded when it was started.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I think I'm scratching my head even more now Probably because I'm still not to keen on how the registry works so the info on how the counts differ from machine to machine is still a little over my head.

I'm not too concerned about the counts being different from machine to machine though, since others seem to show the same result. However, what really worries me is that "Unprotected" number. I've never seen that before and would like to know if that puts me at risk.

Here's my counts on my desktop...

Unprotected: 18
    Protected: 80548
    Total: 80548

MAIN QUESTION: Are the high numbers unusual and does the "unprotected" number mean I am at risk and need to do something to fix it?

OTHER MAIN QUESTION: What is up with the 34MB of RAM being used in the teatimer? I would really like to know if this is something that will be fixed or if I'm just gonna have to deal with it.

Thanks again.