Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Screen

Security Expert-Emeritus

Thanks

As a troubleshooting step I still would like you to uninstall all mcafee programs..

Hi Lonny.... I just wanted to let you know that I found my problem yesterday. Spybot is working just fine now. Thanks for your help.
    Irish

Security Expert-Emeritus

Thats good to hear, fill us in please

Quote Originally Posted by Irish
    Hi Lonny.... I just wanted to let you know that I found my problem yesterday. Spybot is working just fine now. Thanks for your help.
    Irish
    Yes please do let us know what the problem was. Thanks.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Smile

One reason the usuage tracks wasn't showing up was because for some reason I had spyware check only marked in the file sets.. so I changed that.
    In settings there were 2boxes unchecked that should have been checked.. so I checked them.. then ran the scan with McAfee on and it ran fine. I still don't really know why McAfee would never let it finish.. but once the boxes in settings were checked it worked fine... not to sure if that had anything to do with it... but its still working so far. If I run in to the same problem with McAfee later on.. then I will uninstall McAfee altogether... although my wife never had a problem with McAfee when she runs spybot.. its still a little confusing... but as long as its working now.. then I won't worry about it.
    Thanks again. Irish

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Irish:

I' m glad that you were able to resolve your problem. However:

One reason the usuage tracks wasn't showing up was because for some reason I had spyware check only marked in the file sets.. so I changed that.
    Only the Spyware checks are selected by default in Spybot. You must go into "Advanced mode" (with its accompanying warning) > "Settings" > "File sets" to scan for "Usage tracking". This may be the reason that the last two items in the "File sets" were not checked.

In settings there were 2boxes unchecked that should have been checked.. so I checked them.. then ran the scan with McAfee on and it ran fine. I still don't really know why McAfee would never let it finish.. but once the boxes in settings were checked it worked fine... not to sure if that had anything to do with it.
    I don't really think that checking the "Usage tracking" scan options is actually what solved your problem, since they are additional scans that are done after the spyware scans are finished. Is there anything else that you may have done that fixed the problem that you were having?
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-02-15 at 00:15.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Reply for usuage

Hello.... I think you misunderstood what I was saying in my other message. The two boxes that weren't checked was not in file sets. It was in settings then in the second settings under expert settings. The last two boxes that were not checked and was already checked in my wifes were... Show expert buttons in results and recovery list. Like you said.... it probably was not the problem... but when I checked those two boxes and ran Spybot with McAfee on... then it ran fine. Now.... in the file sets only the spyware check only was checked and that is the reason my usage tracks were not showing up. I have no idea what caused the problem with McAfee when I ran Spybot and still don't know... but as long as its working fine now... then I won't worry to much about it. I will cross that path if and when it happens again.
    Thanks for everything Irish :D