Thread: immunizing problem

Default immunizing problem

for some reason 19 items will stay unprotected in immunize under Internet Explorer (32 Bit) in \SOFTWARE (Plugins)

is this normal or is there a way to fix it? thanks.

Hello,

1. Start your PC in safe mode.
    2. Launch Spybot.
    3. Unselect all the options in the immunization tab except the ones which are not immunized.
    4. Undo Immunization.
    5. Redo Immunization.

It also works running "As Administrator".

Please have also a look at this link in our forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=62

There seems to be a little incompatibility with SpywareDoctor from PCTools that 19 items can't be protected. We are working on this bug and hope that there will be a fix soon.

We plan to release a new version with this fix in the next weeks.
    But i would also recommend to try the new Release Candidate.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

ah thank you, that worked. and i installed that release candidate

I have 1 immunization item under 'Internet Explorer (32 bit)'
    '[IE6 icon]\SOFTWARE (Plugins)' that initially appears after an update as part of the count (894), then, disappears upon immunization (count changes to 893, mind you, they are all 'Protected').
    After searching 'SOFTWARE (Plugins)', I came across this thread and links to:
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=62
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=17589
    http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=132
    I tried the deselect all except ' ... (Plugins)', did the Undo and re-Immunize (mind you, while up in the WinXP O/S) - no luck. (FYI - Next time I have to re-boot, I'll try the Safe Mode approach.)
    I tried 'Run as ...' Administrator and that worked ... insofar as all 894 ' ... (Plugins)' showed up and remained after immunizing, however, when running Spybot S&D 1.5.2.20 within my normal logon (I run under a user account that is a member of the Adminstrator's Group, but, is not the actual built-in Administrator account - I normally leave the latter disabled), the previous behaviour resumes with 1 ' ... (Plugin)' going missing in the count.
    I've never run any of PepiMK's registry tweaks, so, am not sure if the 'Skip system accounts during IE immunization' topic would even be applicable to me.
    Is what I'm seeing in line with the topic of this thread and the referenced threads? Or?
    Thanks, FFF

Hello,

Which version of Spybot do you run?
    Did you tried to undo and redo the immunization?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi spybotsandra ...

Spybot S&D Version 1.5.2.20

Yes, I tried to undo and redo the immunization, but, I did it up in the normal Win XP Pro SP2 O/S ... am waiting 'til I have to re-boot to try the same procedures in Safe Mode.

Thanks, FFF
    In every corporate organization, there will be an individual who knows everything that goes on at any given moment - this person MUST be fired immediately!

OK ... I (as a member of the Adminstrator's Group) put my Win XP Pro SP2 machine in Safe Mode and ran Spybot S&D 1.5.2.20 ... then Immunize, then unchecked all but: 'Internet Explorer (32 bit)' '[IE6 icon]\SOFTWARE (Plugins)' ... then Undo ... then Immunize again. This action did not resolve my count issue (894 vs. 893).

When Spybot S&D first launches, it sees a count (in the above category) of 894 ... this invariably changes to 893 upon immunization ... so 1 item is dropping out of the count upon immunization.

I think my issue is a little different than those who report they are unable to get a portion of items to go to 'Protected' status upon immunization.

Mine go all protected or all unprotected when Immunize(ing) / Undo(ing) - the problem is the single phantom item that appears in the 'Internet Explorer (32 bit)' '[IE6 icon]\SOFTWARE (Plugins)' count on program launch and then vanishes during Immunization.

Is this worth worrying about?

Can anyone explain what I'm seeing?

Thanks, FFF