Thread: Why is it? A firefox and spybot Question

Default Why is it? A firefox and spybot Question

I recently installed Firefox on my windows xp. For the past year I have had this computer there hasn't been very many things to fix while scanning using IE as the browser.

Today there were 22 things to fix, all tracking cookies, and all from Firefox(which is what I have been using this past week)

I was just curious why that was...

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

clod75:

What version of Spybot are you running (Spybot > Help > About)?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

It says I am using Spybot 1.4

My sister put it on for me...I guess there is an updated one?

Ah.. Never mind I see there is also 1.5.1

should I uninstall and go for the that one then?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

clod75:

Prior to Spybot 1.5 Spybot's immunization facility as well as Spybot's resident SDHelper Browser Helper Object (BHO) blocked the storing of the same tracking cookies within Internet Explorer as it detects.

The immunization facility within Spybot 1.5 allows the immunization of Firefox to block tracking cookies. You could install Spybot 1.5, immunize and see if that solves your problem with Firefox tracking cookies.

Also Firefox tracking cookies can be blocked within Firefox itself as outlined in the following:

However it appears that the blocking of third-party (tracking) cookies from within Firefox may not be 100% effective. See the last post in the following thread by Zenobia for a possible solution to the blocking of tracking cookies within Firefox:
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-01-24 at 23:15.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.