Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No more immunizations for Spybot version 1.4?

Question No more immunizations for Spybot version 1.4?

Forgive me if this was posted before, but I searched and couldn't find anything, including the links given before posting this thread.

None of them apply to version 1.4.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 (384MB RAM) on a computer nearing 7 years old. I have no means to get a new computer so you understand why I am leery of taking the new version of Sbybot S&D.

My problem is that while I am still getting the weekly updates for version 1.4, when I go to immunize, it always says all bad products are already blocked and the number stays at 41,555.

Immunize has had no new additions for at least the last 3 weeks.

Are you not providing this feature anymore for version 1.4?

Thanks for any help with this.

Lightbulb as far as i know....

i don't use version 4, but it should still be immunizing, because spybot will still get updates, and as far as i know, spybot hasn't ever stopped giving updates such as immunization. Are you sure the program is updated? And the new beta's work fine, i am just about to test the new version, new years version. but helloween edition worked great, and fixed all the main issues with the original spybot 1.5 so, you can try reinstalling spybot 1.4 if for another week or so it doesn't immunize. thats what i would do. But there is no reason at all to not try the new versions of spybot. If you want to be cautious though, create a restore point, (if your windows version supports it) before you install the newer spybot. Then that way, if anything goes wrong, just restore your system.
    Here is the link to the very newest spybot: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=22299
    hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 129260 View Post
    i don't use version 4, but it should still be immunizing, because spybot will still get updates, and as far as i know, spybot hasn't ever stopped giving updates such as immunization. Are you sure the program is updated? And the new beta's work fine, i am just about to test the new version, new years version. but helloween edition worked great, and fixed all the main issues with the original spybot 1.5 so, you can try reinstalling spybot 1.4 if for another week or so it doesn't immunize. thats what i would do. But there is no reason at all to not try the new versions of spybot. If you want to be cautious though, create a restore point, (if your windows version supports it) before you install the newer spybot. Then that way, if anything goes wrong, just restore your system.
    Here is the link to the very newest spybot: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=22299
    hope that helps.
    Ah yes, those wonderful restore points for the that can occur.

I was thinking about trying that and seeing what happens.

Version 1.4 is updated for sure. I get the weekly updates but no immunizations at all, so that's why I thought perhaps they were really slowing down on support for the older version, but if that was the case, why still do regular updates but no immunizations?

Well, I'll see what happens if I decide to try the new version.

Thanks!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

pippizan:

Did you actually try to immunize by clicking the Immunize button at the top of the right hand pane?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    pippizan:

Did you actually try to immunize by clicking the Immunize button at the top of the right hand pane?

Top right?

Mine is on the left side, version 1.4 and yes, I have always used that to immunize and I have always used the integrated updater function with Spybot also.

I also had a friend check and she is using the same version and she has not gotten any immunizations either recently. Her numbers are also stuck at 41,555.

I don't understand why it stopped immunizing, unless that area of support for v1.4 is no longer happening.

According to what is in my Program Files for Spybot, this is what the version actually says.....1.4.0.3

I found one page that showed some downloads for v1.4, but they all stated that was IF you didn't use the integrated update tool that comes with Spybot, so I saw no need to do any of those downloads, since that is the way I always have updated.

Please understand my hesitation in trying the new version. If my computer messes up, I am dead in the water with no way to get another computer, so this is why I am trying to find out what is going on.

Appreciate any answers you can come up with, thanks.

Talking hmm interesting....

lol ya i think what i said my help,....although maybe a member can help you better like md spybot fan

Reinstall v1.4, yea, but where do I get the download for that?

Only option in add/remove is to remove.

I just want to know if they are pulling support for this version and if so, when. If not, why doesnt the immunization feature no longer work.

Lightbulb it sounds like a technical issue...

as far as i know, they haven't ever stopped supporting a version of there program. there are places you can download older versions of spybot. try searching google with mcafee safe site advisor so u dont click on a bad link. theres no reason to not try the newer version. go ahead if u want.

Hello,

This is the download link for the old version.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

This is the download link for the old version.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Thank you Sandra. I will see what happens.