Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what happened to spybot???

It does indeed sound like what you're theorizing: it's conflicting with a Windows service. I did not have that problem, however, and I had the new so-called "stable" version. But as you can see, the new release has many problems and perhaps you should just roll back to an older version or even the beta.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Ninja View Post
    It does indeed sound like what you're theorizing: it's conflicting with a Windows service. I did not have that problem, however, and I had the new so-called "stable" version. But as you can see, the new release has many problems and perhaps you should just roll back to an older version or even the beta.
    well, i did try that as well, but once you get all the current updates, the problem occurs again. everytime, CoolWWWsearch .. scan item 24288 ..yet it passes in safe mode.. so wtf is it conflicting with???

Have you filed a bug report about it? Spybot doesn't have proper QA testing. For now, I'd suggest using a different program.

Hello.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Ninja View Post
    Have you filed a bug report about it? Spybot doesn't have proper QA testing. For now, I'd suggest using a different program.
    Is there a reason you are posting such in the Spybot-S&D support forum?

You may well decide that you have no use for the program, however please do not post here to discourage our members. You are a guest in our forums.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello.

Is there a reason you are posting such in the Spybot-S&D support forum?

You may well decide that you have no use for the program, however please do not post here to discourage our members. You are a guest in our forums.

Best regards.
    no offence Tashi - but you've offered little or no help in this either, certainly no more than Cyborg Ninja. So either help or clam your elitist mouth shut. All i see in these forums is you talking about how everything is fixed, everything has been resolved, well - I'm TELLING you its not! I've been building these pricks for 12 years, I am not any newbie idiot, and I know my systems back to front.

Your program WAS great.. its now SCREWED.

Thankyou for not helping.

There are many members requiring attention, not just in this particular forum.

Quote Originally Posted by disenter View Post
    no offence Tashi - but you've offered little or no help in this either, certainly no more than Cyborg Ninja. So either help or clam your elitist mouth shut.
    Sorry but this site won't tolerate attacks on members, volunteers or staff.

Regards.

Hello disenter,

Please feel free to continue your thread, I will leave a note for team to address the problems you are experiencing.

As it is the weekend there may be some delay, so please be patient.

However any further posts that are addressed to me in a rude fashion will be removed as with your previous two.

Best regards.

It is unfortunate when comments in a support forum move to a personal level, however a number of the items in this thread relate to a point I raised elsewhere in an earlier response to Team Sandra.

The average computer user makes their decision on the quality of software from the main version offered on the providers web page, and the flawed version that has been on offer on the Spybot main page has remained there well after the slow start problem was solved, to continue to give a very poor image to those trying the software for the first time.

Perhaps in hindsight it would have been better if the download link on the home page had been updated to 1.5.1.16 when the slow start problem was first corrected. I know it is not normal to link to a beta version as the primary download, but it would have been better in this case than having more and more people downloading the flawed version and writing off on that basis what is essentially a good product.