Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this truly the final version of 1.5.2?

Default Is this truly the final version of 1.5.2?

Title of the thread says it all http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...y/1043809773/1

Claims to be but I don't see any mention of it here.

Hello,

It will be tomorrow
    Right now it is pretty late here in germany.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thanks for the reply.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

lardboy:

Official releases are published here:

That Web page still indicates:

Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.1 - product description
    md5: 9286D3952F8CB08AD1BB4F3122E144CC

Application to scan for spyware, adware, hijackers and other malicious software.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

So are you now telling me that that isn't the final version?

Hello,

The final version 1.5.2 will be released tomorrow.
    We have informed our mirrors so far - as that are all different time zones.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

It is the final. PepiMK has already started the upload today. It seems it will take some time until it is available on all supported mirrors.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=23269&page=2

The security center stuff should have been optimized (I'll have to check whether it really has, I just took place in making plans on how to do it), so that it would only show if no other security application that changes that setting is installed.

I'll have to ask about the immunization count, or better wait until Buster is back tomorrow, he'll know when it has been updated last etc..

Btw, the final 1.5.2 is finished, sent to mirrors already, should be out very soon

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I am truly sorry to here that you are going to a final version of Spybot 1.5.2 without first releasing another Release Candidate for testing. The last Release Candidate was Spybot 1.5.2 RC 1 that had problems both in the main program (SpybotSD.exe) and TeaTimer (TeaTimer.exe) and had to be patched with the following to operate properly:

I hope that that this will not be a repeat of the problem encountered with the final release of Spybot 1.4. In Spybot 1.4, Spybot underwent the testing of two Release Candidates Spybot 1.4 RC1 and RC2 and because of problems encountered in RC1 and RC2 there was promised Spybot 1.4 RC3. However, Spybot 1.4 RC3 was never released and the final version of Spybot 1.4 without any testing by the user community. As a result of Spybot 1.4 had a display defect in TeaTimer where necessary buttons to properly use that facility were hidden.

Although the decision appears to have already made, I suggest that you revisit that decision and allow those members of the user community willing to test another Release Candidate the opportunity to do so before releasing Spybot 1.5.2 to the general public.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

For sure it is nicer to have a final version out without a startup problem that can take quite a few minutes to run, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    For sure it is nicer to have a final version out with a startup problem that can take quite a few minutes to run, isn't it?
    Hopefully you are kidding?! Does this mean that the new public version 1.5.2 will have the same slow startup time that the earlier version has????