Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.5.2.20 Confused about right click

Question 1.5.2.20 Confused about right click

In the prerelease version 1.5.2rc1 there was the facility to trigger a single or multiple file Spybot scan via a tab in Explorers right click property menu. In a previous post there was discussion about whether there should have been headings displayed in this option. I understood from the replies given that the code to include them and to delete two unused items in the scan had been done, but the patches were somehow not included in 1.5.2rc1 or were not working.

Now I have installed the final release 1.5.2.20 i can't find the "right click option" at all. Has this function been dumped or is it that for some reason my clean install is not working correctly?

It's not enabled by default, because the heuristics in there are a bit too lax. The file is there though.
    If you know how to use the command line, switch to the Spybot-S&D folder and type regsvr32 SDFiles.dll to get that entry back.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    It's not enabled by default, because the heuristics in there are a bit too lax. The file is there though.
    If you know how to use the command line, switch to the Spybot-S&D folder and type regsvr32 SDFiles.dll to get that entry back.
    Thank you - it is now enabled. There are now only two lines displayed instead of the four I mentioned in a previous post in relation to the pre release version, which is a plus, however the Headings which are supposed to show in XP still don't appear. System is XP Home, SP2 and all current MS updates, AVG antivirus, Zone Alarm firewall. Spybot 1.5.2.20 with Teatimer enabled.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Hi PepiMK,

why don't you propose a simple line in the right-click menu,
    like 'Scan with Spybot S&D' to send the suspect file to the program,
    instead of a whole tab?

Thanks.
    Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles
    Hi PepiMK,

why don't you propose a simple line in the right-click menu,
    like 'Scan with Spybot S&D' to send the suspect file to the program,
    instead of a whole tab?

Thanks.
    Charles.
    I would like this too. Some other programs do it and it's very useful.
    How do you use the command line?

Madeline

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MadelineC View Post
    How do you use the command line?

Madeline
    Hi Madeline,

you can open a MS-DOS window in the Spybot's folder, and then type : regsvr32 SDFiles.dll

but I feel easier to do: Start->Run and then type:
    regsvr32.exe C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDFiles.dll

To unregister:
    regsvr32.exe /u C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDFiles.dll

Charles.

Thank you Charles. I went to Start>Run, copied and pasted what you said in there. It said it had succeeded, so hopefully it will work now.

Madeline

Since there has been no updated answer from the Spybot team on this subject I thought I would try to raise the query again.

In version 1.5.2.20 after registering SDFiles.dll the Spybot Scan option appears in the right click menu. If used to scan a file in XP it shows two lines but NO HEADINGS.

Has this problem been resolved and if so how do I get the patch. If not, is it scheduled to be fixed, or has the whole idea been shelved (which would be a great pity)

It still doesn't appear in my right click menu at all. I wonder if there's something wrong in my Settings?

When rightclicking,are you going to properties?Then,there'd be a Spybot S&D tab in there.