Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Just installed 1.5.2, still suffering from same problem

With my sister's, I had to block 2 others, then I put those 2 back in later with no problem.

Lightbulb um

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    First, I'm not sure that HijackThis logs should be included in this part of the forum. That aside as you can see from a header for a HT log from my PC, the OS details are the same, and my PC completes the SpybotSD scans without any problems.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 12:19:18 PM, on 11/03/2008
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16608)
    Boot mode: Normal

I am using Spybot 1.5.2.20 with Resident Browser Helper and TeaTimer active, current update including beta files, AVG antivirus, ZA firewall.

Have you tried not having Windows Defender running when you do your Spybot Scan?
    I have windows defender activated, and i can scan with spybot fine as well. idk why its not working for you guys, you could try doing the scans in safe mode. A really bad infection could be making spybot hang up.

Spybot hung up prior to the installation of Defender,...so I'm pretty sure that is not a factor,......The prior version ran just fine,..I didn't have problems until the newest version was downloaded.....mind you WE are not the only two having difficulties,....it seems there are quite a few who are experiencing this occurance,...

Previously a SPYBOT representative had mentioned in this thread that it may be some problem with the new version haven't heard anything from SPYBOT regarding that,...(anyone watching?) They all seemed to have gone away?,...............

Default NO HJT in this forum,.....

Sorry again,....I'm getting anxious I think and my impatience is getting the best of me,......probably a bit desperate too as noone from SB joining in,....!

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by rcdes View Post

Previously a SPYBOT representative had mentioned in this thread that it may be some problem with the new version haven't heard anything from SPYBOT regarding that,...(anyone watching?) They all seemed to have gone away?,...............
    spybotsandra posted yesterday, however let's address this:
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdes View Post
    all show no files exept Kaspersky,..which shows 3 infected files by a Trojan,....
    Please follow the procedure in this link:
    "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) so one of our helpers can take a look at the system. Skip the Spybot-S&D scan for now.

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a helper will advise you when available.

Regards.

Edit: Apprantly you have two anti virus programs installed, Avast4 and Norton AntiVirus.

Norton alone is a resource hog, installed alongside another anti virus program and you have a problem.

Rule of thumb is one Firewall/one AV to avoid conflicts and loss of program efficiency.
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-03-12 at 05:37. Reason: clarify
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016