Thread: Immunization-yes or no

Default Immunization-yes or no

I'm your typical newbie and can get through most of the stuff OK but what does immunization immunize me against. I have used SpyBot for several months but this time when I updated, it recommended that I immunize and then run a scan. When I went to the Immunize page (first time I ever looked at it) there were thousands of Default(cookies), Default(domains), Global (hosts), IP's, etc., etc, that were listed in Red (unprotected), and NONE listed in Green(protected).
    Should I just go ahead and make a "general" immunization of all those items? How is a person supposed to know what ones to select.
    Or should I just let the SpyBot program protect them all??
    If listed somewhere else, please direct me to the thread.
    Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I would suggest to immunize all items.

The *SDHelper/Immunize*

Spybot-S&D allows you to immunize your computer against some spyware. It currently offers three different immunities:

Permanent Browser immunity: Similar to JavaCools SpywareBlaster, this allows you to tweak some internal Browser settings to block the installation of known spyware (and similar threats) installers via ActiveX. Spybot-S&D is able to set all entries for those that are in its database to be blocked. If you want to distinguish, you should install SpywareBlaster.

Permanently running bad download blocker for your Browser: This is a second layer of protection. While the Permanent Immunity blocks installers by their ActiveX ID, this one blocks anything that should come through by different aspects.
    --
    Best Regards,
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Immunization yes or noi

Sandra,
    OK..even though I am immunizing thousands of cookies etc., of which I know
    nothing????

And how often should I do this immunization???
    Thank you for your time and efforts.
    Dave

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Immunize after every update. Updates are normally weekly on Wednesdays.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thank You ALL.