Thread: Different Immunization Count on 2 Computers

Default Different Immunization Count on 2 Computers

I'm running version 1.5.2 (although I saw this on previous versions) on 2 computers: a laptop with XP Home and a desktop with XP Media Center Edition 2005. When I immunize on the laptop it counts up to and immunizes against 81645 items. On the desktop it goes up to 161458. Why the difference? Is it related to software loaded or different version of XP? It makes me wonder if we're not protected fully on our laptop.

Thanks.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Look at the items under the Profile column on the immunization screen. What are the differences between the two systems? Are there more users on one system than the other for example?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks for the reply.

There are the same 4 users on each computer with the same user account names.

Under the profile list on the desktop (the computer with the larger count) I notice that under "Firefox" there are 4 entries for "default (Cookies)" with a count of 184 each. On the laptop there is just one entry with a count of 184. This is repeated for "default (Images)", "default (Installations)", and "default (Poups)". Each of these has a count of 7900 so there are 4 times 7900 for each item on the desktop. They appear only once on the laptop.

The contents under the "Internet Explorer (32 bit)" are the same.

The contents under the "Internet Explorer (32/64 bit)" are almost the same. The same users appear in the list but on the desktop there is an additional "Adminstrator" account appearing with the three items for it (Cookies, Domains, IPs).

Any thoughts? Is the difference important?

Edit: second paragraph for clarity.
    Last edited by The4Bs; 2008-02-03 at 17:48.

Hi The4Bs,

I am having a similiar problem on one of my clients systems.
    He has 2 of everything under Firefox (i.e. Cookies, Images, Installations and Popups). He has two user accounts on the system but I do not think the number of user accounts applies for the Firefox immunization. I think the number of accounts only applies to IE. I hope someone can shed some light on this one.

I think we're getting somewhere. The reply from 'md usa spybot fan' twigged something. I realized that after installing the new version of Firefox on the laptop, not all users had run it. I went to each user account, launched Firefox once to initialize it and now I have 4 of everything under "Firefox" under the Spybot immunization profiles.

The only difference now between the two computers is the presence of the "Administrator" account on the desktop. I suspect that this has to do with the operating system being XP MCE 2005, which I think is based on XP Pro. The laptop has XP Home. Or maybe it has to do with laptop vs desktop and some configuration that way. Just some thoughts. Does anybody know if this really matters?

Cheers.