Thread: Scans for multiple user accounts

Default Scans for multiple user accounts

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to see that in 1.5 Spybot will immunize all Windows user accounts if you do so from an account with Administrator privileges. However I am not sure if a scan from a user account with Administrator privileges will scan all user accounts. Do I have to still scan each user account seperately? Thanks for the support...

Hi Everyone,

I am still looking for a answer on this one. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks...

Lightbulb no.......

spybot will scan your entire hard drive for certain threats it knows. there is no need to scan every user account separately, just run a full scan on your admin account. It will scan all needed areas, including other user accounts.

Thanks for the reply. So this means that all other user registry hives will be scanned from the Admin account? Do I need to use the /allhives switch to make sure all other user hives get scanned?

Hello,

You just have to run Spybot-S&D on one user account in order to destroy all the bad threats.

Besst regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Default spybotsandra – please clarify

spybotsandra:

Please clarify!

In releases prior to Spybot 1.5, although the entire system is scanned for most malware, it was always indicated that due to restrictions in the Microsoft APIs (Application Program Interfaces) used by Spybot, that the scan from one account did not include the Internet cache, cookies and some other user specific entries of other accounts. For example PepiMK's comment in post #5 of this thread (Running SpyBot S&D in a Multi-user environment).

Are you indicating the Microsoft's API has been improved or that Spybot 1.5 now uses some other interface so that Internet cache, cookies, etc. for all user accounts are now scanned from a single user account?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hello,

I said bad threats. Cookies and cache are no bad threats. That are usage tracks.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot