Hello,

I have been using Spybot Search & Destroy for a long time, and generally the scan time has always been approx one hour on my computer. But now after installing version 1.5.2.20 a few days ago, it just took almost five and a half hours to complete. This is the first time I let it run all the way thru to finish, (with this new version), I let it run overnight. Here is from the log:
04.02.2008 23:38:52 - ##### check started #####
04.02.2008 23:38:52 - ### Version: 1.5.2
04.02.2008 23:38:52 - ### Date: 2/4/2008 11:38:52 PM
04.02.2008 23:39:00 - ##### checking bots #####
05.02.2008 04:59:58 - ##### check finished #####

--- Report generated: 2008-02-05 05:00 ---

Congratulations!: No immediate threats were found. ()

I had started a scan a few times before, (with this new version), but after about two hours and only being about half way done, I cancelled it, because I needed to use the computer. When I run the scan, I always do just that on the computer, running nothing else. Nothing else at all has changed on the computer, this new version of Spybot is the only difference.
I even tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling, thinking somehow I had got a bad download of the install file, but that didn't matter.
My computer is older probably than most peoples, it is a Pentium II, 266 MHz with 256 MB Ram, dual-booting Windows XP Pro w/SP2 and all critical updates and Windows 98 SE, (98 SE is just there, I dont use it anymore, but it needs to be there, or my printer doesn't work right in XP). I have two 5 GB hard drives, with plenty of free space on each. I use Firefox 2.0.0.11. I also use Spyware Doctor and Nod32 antivirus (have for a long time also) and they both show no probllems, and their scan times are the same as they've always been. I ran check disk and did a defrag, (and do that at least once a week) before and after the Spybot installs. And before doing that I always clean up all TEMP and TIF files, and clean up everything in both browsers.
Well, that's about all the info I can think to include here.
Like I said, the absolute only change on the computer is installing the new Spybot version. The only thing I can think of, is to uninstall this version and put the older version back on if I can find it, but that would only last for as long as updates were provided for it. Unless I can figure this out, I guess I wont be able to use Spybot any more. I'm thinking that something was added to this version, that just put it past what 266 MHz can handle.
Or, I guess I could just run an occasional scan overnight like I just did.
But I'm really hoping that somebody will have an answer to this, that will lead to getting my approx one hour scan time back. Even if it was an hour and a half, but going up to five and a half in this version, I dont get it. Thanks for any help.