Thread: Backup File for: ADWARE_BHJK?

Default Backup File for: ADWARE_BHJK?

I've been using Trend Micro PC Cillin 2008 recently and I don't have Spybot S&D on this computer. :(

But anyways, like when I start my computer, and finish using the internet, I scan and get a computer spyware adware thing known as: ADWARE_BHJK, unfortunately I wasn't able to find it on the Trend Micro website.

However, it is very annoying. What does it do? It keeps popping up, so my assumption (and with what a friend told me) is that it is coming from a backup file that continues to remake itself.

What can I do? I cannot download anything because my dad is the only one with a password on this computer, won't give it to me, and he's half way across the world...

Hi funkmeister99.

I found this topic:
    http://forum.dvdtalk.com/archive/ind.../t-501459.html

But it's difficult to know exactly what Trend is flagging.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I read that information at school (for I don't trust many other links very easily) and that guy had a different problem. His disappeared, but mine just keeps coming back.

I now have Spybot S&D, but it also does not detect it.

I scanned with both, and no back up file was found, it's just somehow on its own.

Any other help you can give me?

P.S. Imageshack is not safe :( I went there and got a Trojan Virus, Spybot S&D didn't pick it up, but Trend Micro did, and the Trend Micro Trojan Program Finder doesn't seem to work.

It scans after vulnerabilities, and didn't find the Trojan until later.

Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by funkmeister99 View Post
    P.S. Imageshack is not safe :( I went there and got a Trojan Virus, Spybot S&D didn't pick it up, but Trend Micro did, and the Trend Micro Trojan Program Finder doesn't seem to work.
    Not sure what you mean by a Trojan Virus, if it is a virus then Spybot-Search & Destroy is not designed to find and remove such, or worms.

What can I do? I cannot download anything because my dad is the only one with a password on this computer, won't give it to me, and he's half way across the world...

Well, now I asked my dad for the password and got it, and if it doesn't find Trojan viruses then what's the Trojan stuff it scans for?

It's removed anyways, but still, anything you can do to help and all as said in the post above this one that was mine since I have some information now?

Well, now I asked my dad for the password and got it, and if it doesn't find Trojan viruses then what's the Trojan stuff it scans for?
    Spybot-S&D will search for Trojans, not viruses, that is what your anti virus program is for.
    It's removed anyways, but still, anything you can do to help and all as said in the post above this one that was mine since I have some information now?
    If it has been removed, not sure what help it is you are requesting. We do not support any software but Safer Networking programs.

The problem is it continues to come back.

I was not using my computer, for I was gone at my Cello lesson, and suddenly it comes back. My mother went to go shopping, and I know for sure, no one was at our house.

Hi

If the machine shows signs of infection, and you have parental permission to do so with the family PC, you can post in the Malware Removal Forum as you have previously; after following the instructions here: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

This forum, the Tavern, is not intended for malware removal advice.

Cheers.

Alright thanks, I didn't think it should have belonged there so I attempted to ask here first.

Edit: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=23934&page=2
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-02-22 at 22:03. Reason: Added link