Thread: AdWare.Win32.DealHelper.ak?

Default AdWare.Win32.DealHelper.ak?

Still awaiting reply from my AV (KAV7) lab regarding my recent submittal of the latest SUPERsetup.exe after the AV scanning flagged the program as supposedy containing AdWare.Win32.DealHelper.ak.

I'm pretty certain it is a false positive as one, I scanned the installer before installing, two, there is no such file listed in the installer files, and three, I even performed an AV scan immediately thereafter (clean then), but w/in two days after I'd updated my AV defintions, only then did it flag the SUPERsetup.exe as supposedly having the adware.

As I haven't heard back from KAV Lab yet, I tried searching the adware on the SpyBot website and all I found was a list of dozens of old updates, so I still don;t know if SpyBot detects this adware.

Am pretty sure too, that SpyBot would have this adware in its definitions and I otherwise scan clean of anything, but I was curious if anyone can verify if SpyBot does detect this adware and if so how is it that we can verify that SpyBot definitions include given adware?

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by urrguru View Post
    Am pretty sure too, that SpyBot would have this adware in its definitions and I otherwise scan clean of anything, but I was curious if anyone can verify if SpyBot does detect this adware and if so how is it that we can verify that SpyBot definitions include given adware?
    Open Spybot-S&D in Advanced Mode > Ignore products > DealHelper.

Hope that helps.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default KAV7 reports false positive for SUPERsetup.exe

Thanks for the reply, but it seems you misread my post.

Not looking to ignore anything.

Seeking to find a means to view what SpyBot S&D actually searches for (i.e.; a list of its definitions, those naming the bad stuff it searches for).

As for SUPERsetup.exe potentially having any adware (which I was sure it didn't), my AV finally got back to me and their lab admits their KAV7 had mistakenly reported that SUPER's installer had adware (false positive for Win32.DealHelper.ak).

Thanks again for any affored reply concerning how users might be able to find out what bad things S&D actually is searching for.

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by urrguru View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but it seems you misread my post.

Not looking to ignore anything.

Seeking to find a means to view what SpyBot S&D actually searches for (i.e.; a list of its definitions, those naming the bad stuff it searches for).
    Our 'Ignore' lists contain the definitions.

If you wanted the scan to ignore an item, (some people do), you'd put a check in the square box next to it. Otherwise Spybot-S&D will scan looking for all the items listed.

Best wishes.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016