Thread: Help in correcting a Denied Action

Default Help in correcting a Denied Action

Hello All:

My first time posting to a forum. I need help and advice on the protocols and procedures
    Of posting, please excuse any errors.

I have inadvertently denied something I should not have. It is preventing internet access from the
    icon in the tray at the bottom of the window as well as programs connecting to the internet for updates.
    I have included a screen capture of the pop-up when these actions are tried.

I have not been able to find any information on a black list or how I can reverse what I’ve done.

Any help and/or advice will be appreciated.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

It appears that when you originally denied the registry change that you "Remember this decision". Since you checked "Remember this decision" on the change that information is now stored in a file and TeaTimer will use that information to automatically "Deny" all similar changes.

To edit that information:[LIST]Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
    • Allowed registry changes
    • Blocked registry changes
    • Allowed processes
    • Blocked processes

You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. The entries that you should review are in "Blocked registry changes".

You must remove the entry from "Blocked registry changes" that is causing the registry change to be denied. You can delete an entry by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.

Although this will not reverse the registry change that you originally denied, it will allow you to "Allow" or "Deny" similar changes in the future without TeaTimer automatically denying them.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Problem solved
    Thank You very much