Thread: another computer with updater to 1.5.2 problems

Question another computer with updater to 1.5.2 problems

Not wishing to hijack the thread my issue is virtually identical with see thread;

does the spybot team have any suggestions to offer to explain why utilizing the Updater to the latest spybot version (1.5.2)then causes a computer with win 98se on it to crash ??

On my 98se computer I have reverted to the 1.4 version with seems far more stable and reliable

Default Alternative

Quote Originally Posted by ruby3 View Post
    Not wishing to hijack the thread my issue is virtually identical with see thread;

does the spybot team have any suggestions to offer to explain why utilizing the Updater to the latest spybot version (1.5.2)then causes a computer with win 98se on it to crash ??

On my 98se computer I have reverted to the 1.4 version with seems far more stable and reliable
    Instead of using the updater on the spybot face, try going into programs on the start menu and using that updater.

Thumbs down

Hello, my Win ME (Millennium) system does not like 1.5.2.20 either. I did a "look for updates" from V 1.4, and part of the "update" actually tried to load in 1.5.2.20, and it all appeared to go horribly wrong. The system became unstable, especially with TEA-TIMER loaded. I de-installed BOTH the 1.4 and the 1.52 (as CPANEL installed software showed both).

I then tried the 1.5.20 from the downloaded executable, but it gave lots of error windows, and hung the machine (had to hit reset).

I may have to leave this for a while, until this new release settles down, as I have both H/W and software firewalls, and a good AV package (plus winsonar, which gives good enough protection for now). I will wait for the next bug-fix release. Cheers, TD

I am using version 1.5.1.16 and saw the updated version in automatic updates but wont be updating to it for now. My current version is starting fast and scanning fine so I just don't need the stress of another problem install at the moment.

I really think it should be unticked as an optional update or something like that.

the Spybot Team has not commented as yet; I wonder why?

Hello,

Did you already tried to uninstall your version and make a fresh download from Spybot's homepage?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Did you already tried to uninstall your version and make a fresh download from Spybot's homepage?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    yes; I completey uninstalled spybot , rebooted and tried to install from spybots page; when I have seemingly run the installation program and clicked on the spybot icon I am told it is invalid ; I have done this several times ; due to this repeated failure I have uninstalled the new version and reverted to the 1.4 version wich WILL execute correctly