Thread: Router/IP/Surfing question.

Lightbulb Router/IP/Surfing question.

Maybe someone with some knowledge of routers, IPs, surfing can answer my questions.
    I keep trying to register with a specific forum and I get this error.

"Our server has detected the presence of multiple IP connections from your machine, with one of the connections being an "Open Proxy" or blacklisted IP. Connections of this nature are often used in order to abuse, spam or defraud. Our server has denied you any further access until both IP addresses can be resolved or the presence of the Open Proxy connection closed."

I also get a TCPIP warning in my system logs EVENT ID 4226. "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attemps."
    I also have problems when loading web pages of any kind, it always says I have to many connections to that page.

What could this be? Is it a configuration problem? I kinda don't think it's a malware/spyware problem, because nothing shows up when I run Spybot,kaspersky, or anything.

Emeritus

Hi,

the TCP connect limitation is a built in windows TCP stack limitation that shipped with SP2. the "hope" was to slow the spread of malicious worms/virus. (it failed) i have only seen it mentioned in relation to having a negative effect on p2p clients or servers that might use many outbound connections. there is a work around/patch for it.
    why dont you post a hjt log for me to take a look at.
    in this forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

Hi there, here is the link to my post in that forum. It has been posted for 6 days.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...667#post160667

shelf life, Shaba responded.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016