Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opera immunization

Question Opera immunization

I just noticed in the SS&D Help files that there is supposed to be an immunization function for the Opera browser, which I use 99.9% of the time as opposed to IE. I am running Opera 8.51 as well as 9.0 Beta, under Windows XP Pro, SP2.

However, I can find no mention of Opera on the SS&D Immunization screen, nor any checkbox such as is mentioned in the Help file. What am I missing, or what do I need to do?

(Incidentally, I have NEVER had a problem with SS&D removing my Opera bookmarks, contrary to some postings in the forums.)

Thanks for any advice!

Well...I don't have Opera installed anymore.But,if I remember correctly,you have
    to scroll to the bottom of the immunization page.
    If Opera is immunized,I think it says 47 plug-ins blocked,or something like that.

My Immunization page shows only the two IE items, and does not have a scroll bar.

I'm not sure why Opera Immunization isn't showing up.
    Are you using Spybot version 1.4?

I'll go find,then install Opera beta 9.0,and see what I get.

I installed preview release Opera 9.0,released February 7th,I assume that's the
    latest?

Permanent Opera Immunity showed up on the immunize page in Spybot fine.Thought maybe immunization didn't work with the Opera beta,or something like that.Not sure why your's won't show up.

I came across an older thread on Google,about Opera immunity not working with Spybot 1.3,that's about the only thing I can think of.To find your Spybot version,at the top of Spybot click help,then about,and let me know your Spybot version.

You run Opera 8.51 and Opera 9.0?

Zenobia - I am still running Spybot 1.3, but am downloading 1.4 right now. Does Opera immuinization NOT work with 1.3?

I am running Opera 8.51 (the latest "stable" version) and also 9.0 Beta. All you have to do is install in different directories. Actually, the 9.0 Beta has seemed fine for several weeks, so I may go ahead and dump the 8.51. BTW, Opera is now free, without ads.

Default Problem solved

Have now installed Spybot 1.4, and immunization for Opera is working.

Should it have worked in 1.3?

Sorry...somehow I had my settings so as to get only detection updates but not new porgam versions.

wait which did u install first, spybot or opera?

Glad Opera immunization is working.

I think I remember some people having troubles with Opera immunization in 1.3,
    as some were having troubles in this older Opera thread:
    http://my.opera.com/lounge/forums/topic.dml?id=54688

If I'm remembering correctly,Spybot 1.3 didn't display that Spybot version 1.4 was available when checking for updates.

Oh...before I forget-
    If you use teatimer,the screen is a bit garbled in 1.4.There is a fix for that in this thread,if you need it.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122

va.navigator:

You said you are you using two Opera versions 9.0 (which beta?) and 8.51. Maybe if you uninstall 8.51 or 9.0 and have just one Opera installed, maybe immunization will then work correctly.

I Have Spybot 1.4 and Opera 9 (http://labs.opera.com/), and immunization is working fine.