Thread: Updater - Bad Checksum

Lightbulb Updater - Bad Checksum

Hi,

I was just updating and I received the bad checksum message. The message shows "!!! bad checksum !". (don't worry, i managed to update fine! )

I was wondering of maybe changing the message so that people could understand the error better by giving more information, or at least removing the '!!!'s. Some users might feel alarmed by the current error message. Maybe a message like 'Bad Checksum! - Please Scan Again With A Different Server' could be a better message to show

Last edited by honda12; 2008-02-12 at 19:38.

Lightbulb i agree with you :)

that the message should be more detailed, such as update failed, retry please. But ether way I think that It's fine. But thats just me I guess. But you are correct that it would help more novices understand that message better.

Default I too had that same message . . .

!!Bad Check Sum . . without any reason. Could not download anythingy, tried several locations here in the States. All had the same info and would not download. I closed SBS&D did some other stuff and came back where the download went AOK!!

Have noticed SBS&D is taking longer to run and even longer to remove selected items. I use my Fw in 'Block all mode' when doing a scan and leave my CPU alone while it is running. Takes approx. 3 hours. Not long ago it would finish in about 30-45 min. I use SysInternals Process Explorer and for some reason WExplorer is running at about 60% - 93% Processor use.

Edited by ME > Just updated my sig and it is shown as the old versions, how long will it take to show on my posts?

Thank you for reading my poster,
    Last edited by LoneLurker; 2008-02-13 at 04:10. Reason: Sig not updated.
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom