Thread: Spybot S&D freezes up during scan

Default Spybot S&D freezes up during scan

Spybot S&D freezes up on me during scan. What is going on and what can I do about it.

What version of Spybot S&D are you using? Are you sure that it definitely freezes? Mine seems to stop at a couple of points during a scan, but after a minute or two it carries on and completes the scan.

Hello,

This could be caused by several reasons like an old Spybot version, too much temporary files or problems with the system restore point.

In case you are using a dated version of Spybot-S&D, as a first solution, please download the latest version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2.
    This should fix the problem. You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    Please search for new updates after installing Spybot S&D.

If this doesn't help please delete the contents of your Windows temp folder.

You can also try the following:
    - select "Settings" --> "Settings" in the navigation bar on the left and untick the checkbox in front of "display confirmation dialogs"
    - exit Spybot-S&D so the settings are saved
    - run Spybot-S&D and "Check for problems" again

Expect it to run slowly, it appears to hang. Please be patient - it should clear with the problems fixed.

If it still doesn't work please select "Settings" --> "Settings" from the toolbar on the left. In the section "Main settings" please untick the checkbox in front of "Create system restore point when fixing spyware/usage tracks".

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot