Thread: "MessageBounce" error message

Unhappy "MessageBounce" error message

I had SpyBot S&D on my computer. Quite a while back, after one of the updates to Spybot (not the current one, but before that), I started getting an error message whenever I try to shut down or restart my computer. The error message says "MessageBounce" in the title. It is one of those "End Now" button error messages, where it says if you end the application, data may not be saved, etc. I remember reading somewhere in Spybot during the update that I may encounter such an error, and if so, listed where to find instructions on how to fix it. (Apparently, it was an easy fix?)

Anyway, I have since uninstalled Spybot from my computer (although I recently discovered there seem to be a few Spybot folders remaining on my system somehow), but I am still getting the "MessageBounce" error message at shutdown/restart. I tried looking through these Forums and in the FAQ for anything addressing this, but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone PLEASE help me and tell me how I can fix this issue? Driving me nuts!

Thank you so much,
    Daisey129

Hello,

Did you already upgrade to the new version 1.5.2?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default MessageBounce error message

Thanks for replying so quickly! No, I have not upgraded to 1.5.2; as I mentioned in my post, I uninstalled Spybot from my computer. My ISP technical support recommended I not use Spybot due to some firewall issue and my configuration (or something like that). Anyway, no, I no longer have Spybot on my computer; however, I did discover a couple remaining Spybot files tucked away, don't know why they didn't remove when I uninstalled.

The error message started occurring when I last upgraded and used Spybot S&D. I believe it would have been the upgrade just prior to 1.5.2. I just remember that when I downloaded the upgrade, I read somewhere in the upgrade information that some people may encounter the type of error messages as I've described, and it listed where to find instructions here on how to fix it. I am sure it was no doubt a simple fix, like enabling or disabling something. I just can't remember the details, and now I can't find it here anymore!

I'm sorry I can't be more specific. I've put up with this issue for a while; I should have addressed the issue as soon as it came up. Anyway, I really appreciate your help, and anyone's help!

Thanks again,
    Jackie

Hello,

I would recommend a fresh install after the uninstall.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot