Thread: How to add an item to Spybot S&D Tracker?

Default How to add an item to Spybot S&D Tracker?

What syntax should I use while posting new thread in this (main) forum to add an item to Spybot S&D Tracker, since direct access to the Tracker is locked?

--
    Thank you

Hello,

You can't post items in the tracker because this can only be done from the developer.
    You can suggest a feature in the beta forum if you like.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    You can't post items in the tracker because this can only be done from the developer.
    You can suggest a feature in the beta forum if you like.
    Hello,
    Thanks for prompt reply. But what if I don't want to suggest a feature, but want the developers pay attention to a particular BUG that I may find and get some feedback (for example the status of my report)?

My previous report concerns exception when running SDUPDATE.EXE:
    When I press "Search for updates" button I get the following pop-up error message window:

Application Error

Exception EInvalidCast in module SDUPDATE.EXE at 00071FE3.
    Invalid class typecast
    But unfortunately did not get any reply
    My OS: Win98SE
    Spybot version: 1.5.2.20
    The error is intermittent (only if I run SDUPDATE.EXE not right after system start-up. In latter case everything is Ok)

--
    Thank you,
    Best regards,
    Alexey
    Last edited by alexeyL; 2008-02-14 at 15:46. Reason: Spybot version added

Well, if you take a look at the tracker, you'll see it right on top:

If you want to add bugs or feature request and are unsure about how to do that exactly, we suggest that you open a topic in the proper forum, explaining the problem and asking for it to be added to the tracker - if you follow the style you'll notice in existing entries, that'll improve your chance.
    The only errors that are not catched in the "Seqarch for updates" parts are the ones when enabling the search animation (which I remember had problems on very old unpatched Windows versions, wouldn't have expected that on Win98).

Instead of filing a bug report, I would suggest trying to locate which software exactly you run in between system start-up and updating that actually causes the updater to cause this error. Since there seems to be some software that causes this conflict while SDUpdate is running fine when run before that, knowing which one that is would probably be the only possibility to reproduce it.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)