Thread: Something wrong with updates this morning.

Question Something wrong with updates this morning.

Just checked for updates and it downloaded about 6 diff categories of updates from a US site. When I went to then do a scan noticed two strange things. First it had shown over 112,000+ items to check yesterday and now showed only 110,000+. Second was during a scan, when progress bar showed about 10,000 items scannd, bar sped up and went to 23,000 items scannd in a few seconds, then progress bar slowed down to normal speed. I then aborted and changed setting to look for BETA updates and selected another site and now it shows 115,000 items to search for, but progress bar still zips form 10,000 to 23,000 items scanned in a few seconds. I did check settings and no items are flagged to skip.

Question Progress bar zips from 12,000 to 28,000 in 3 seconds.

Just ran scan again and still too fast from 12,000 to 28,000 items.

Default Yes - Something Wrong w/recent updates

I have an issue too. Symantec Endpoint Protection is detecting "bloodhound.SONAR.1" and when I removed the "threat" S&D got corrupted. After reboot, which took a very long time - there were several issues - lost network connectivity and SEP failed to load. I am stuck at this point on the second infected PC. I am not going to remove the threat until I get somekind of answer - but I may have to remove S&D.

Infection: C:\documents and settings\username\local settings\temp\is-kph2a.tmp\sbsd152\upd.tmp

BTW: updates from TDS(USA), SecurityWOnks(USA), and SaferNetworking(Europe).
    Last edited by rojer; 2008-02-14 at 18:20. Reason: added mirrors the updates came from & infected file name