Thread: Version 1.5.2 shows less immunizations than before....

Default Version 1.5.2 shows less immunizations than before....

Is this normal. I just upgraded from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 and I'm showing less immunizations (around 57,000) than I had before with version 1.5.1 (which had around 80,000). I understand that immunizations vary from machine to machine based on the number of user accounts and such, but my PC has only the admin account and I have made no other changes on the machine today aside from upgrading to the new version. Is this something to worry about? Or does Spybot compact some of the immunizations down with new versions? Sorry for the noob question, I did a search and didn't find an answer so hopefully someone can alleviate my concerns. Thanks in advance.
    -Lup

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The immunization counts are lower because the latest release of Spybot (1.5.1.20) no longer immunizes in the following registry hives:
    • SYSTEM (HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18)
    • LOCAL SERVICE (HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19)
    • NETWORK SERVICE (HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20)

See:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    The immunization counts are lower because the latest release of Spybot (1.5.1.20) no longer immunizes in the following registry hives:
    • SYSTEM (HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18)
    • LOCAL SERVICE (HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19)
    • NETWORK SERVICE (HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20)

See:
    Excellent, thanks for the clarification!