Thread: Error with IE7 Spybot Add-on

Default Error with IE7 Spybot Add-on

I could not access my Earthlink Welcome page wiith IE7. (I could access the page on the same computer with Mozilla Foxfire and on another computer which has IE7 but not Spybot.) Part of the page came up and then the page "hung". I did some exploration and found that when I disabled the Add-on Spybot-SD IE Protection the problem went away. So now I have removed Spybot S&D from my system and all is working fine. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tedpelletier View Post
    I could not access my Earthlink Welcome page wiith IE7. (I could access the page on the same computer with Mozilla Foxfire and on another computer which has IE7 but not Spybot.) Part of the page came up and then the page "hung". I did some exploration and found that when I disabled the Add-on Spybot-SD IE Protection the problem went away. So now I have removed Spybot S&D from my system and all is working fine. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Yes, I have a suggestion. Reinstall Spybot and enable the Resident SD Helper as you obviously did on installation before. Then open IE7, go to Tools>Spybot - Search Destroy Configuration and in SD Configuration under the 'Settings' tab, choose 'Ask for blocking confirmation' in the drop-down menu and click 'OK'. This way, you'll be asked to either allow or deny a site/URL rather than it be automatically blocked. You may have to restart IE for this to take effect, but I'm not sure about that.
    I hope this helps and works for you so that you'll still be able to use this excellent program!

Madeline

Default Thanks

THanks, I'll try your suggestion.
    Ted

You're welcome. I hope it solves your problem.

Madeline