Thread: Why Not have RunAlyzer call RegAlyzer?

Default Why Not have RunAlyzer call RegAlyzer?

I like this Porgy very much, except for the length of time it takes to allow you to use any of the functions. Maybe some others but for now I would like to know if we can remove certain items that are not working correctly from within R/A? Under the 'Services' tab there are several items listed that are not functioning correctly, I know I can go into RegEdit or RegAlyzer and remove those that are BAD. The 'Delete' function is not available for removing any of the H_KEY_ . . . \ . . .\ControlSetxxx\ that have 'Failed' or not satisfactory. Plus, can we change any of the other items, like 'AutoRun,' 'Advanced StartUp, or any of the other features you list. I can go into the 'Services' that Windows is providing, but; there are some listed in your progy that are not in the Windows version. I have more questions, but; have not thought of them yet.

This will do for a start, thank you for reading my posty roaster,
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

Default Questions about Services Tab . .

How do you determine which of the "ControlSetsxxx" that are GOOD and which ones that have failed?

According to the latest version of RunAlyzer there are four ControlSets on my system and when I go to the RegEdit for those control sets there are five, . . 001, . .002, . . 003, . . 004, . . CurrentControlSet. Number 002 has no information stored other than Control/SessionManager/w autocheck autochk* in the data column. When I boot up it automagically re-boots without any assistance from me. The only option is to F8, select "Last Known Good Configuration." I plan on removing all of those that are older, like 002, 003, 004 as I have made some changes to my setting from within the Windows/Services window. To give me any corrective action will you need more data on what I have done or should I go ahead?

Thank you for reading my rambling mess and TIA,
    Last edited by LoneLurker; 2008-02-15 at 22:09. Reason: removing un-needed words.
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

Default Edit to my previous post . . .

Just noticed that the RunAlyzer did not show the ControlSet002 and that may have been the one that failed. The third, IDed as 'Failed', is identical to the others, 001, 004 and Current.

Thank you for reading this one as well,
    Last edited by LoneLurker; 2008-02-15 at 23:00.

Default Re: RunAlyzer . . .

Did a re-boot and the "ControlSet002" has been removed for me, did not need to do a thingy. So your program on the 'Services' tab was incorrect when it showed the CS#003 as 'Failed', it was 002 because it has been removed by the system.

Minor adjustment I am sure,

P.S. I am also very sure you are asleep and maybe will be up shortly, it is 5:15P here and you are probably about 1:15A there. Look forward to hearing from you on this.

Esteemed Member

The information about the status of the control sets is in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Select

Default Little update . .

That report I gave on 2008/2/15 may have been a little WRONG. My system has been doing strange things over the last few, maybe six, months. Today discovered the PowerSupply had become very flaky and exchanged it out with one I knew was very good. To make a short story longer, just replaced the entire CPU and monitor with a Dell Inspiron. Was a little expensive but worth the Less Hassle.

Thank you for the reply and for reading my Poster Roasty,