Thread: New Progy . . . I like it though . . .

Default New Progy . . . I like it though . . .

RootAlyzer, very good name and for what it is doing for us is VERY GOOD. Do not know what your plans are for this program, but; from what is seen, by me, if you are fully successful in implementing it will be another great HELP to us Unknowing USERs. One question, what do I need to do to clear the first test run I made? Any time I have re-run the program it shows the same for the 'Opening page' and seems to not do a fresh search. Or maybe that is all you have it set for to start with.

I have several security programs that either run in background all of the time or they are run once or twice a day, maybe more, when I am on the web. This program would be a very GOOD added feature for our protection.

Thank you for reading my rambling roasty poster,
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

Well, this was created mostly to be used when suspecting a rootkit, so it's more an On-Demand scanner.

The results on the 'Opening page' are actually re-read whenever you start the application, but they're really just 'openers', tests in the most important locations. To get a full result, you need to click the Deep scan tab, and select the drives to scan from the drive dialog. The full drive scan should take 3 to 5 minutes, possibly more (depending on how many drives you scan).

Regarding the 'stuff that runs in the background', this technology will also appear in Spybot-S&D. Partially it's already in there, partially it'll arrive in the next weeks through new plugins. And the On-Access / background scan part will appear in CoffeeLounge, the TeaTimer successor that's currently being written from scratch (mostly lacking a user friendly GUI, for which we're currently talking to pros in that field ). The Quick scan shown in RootAlyzer will very likely be a simple additional scan module there, alerting you only if it sees something.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default RootAlyzr . . .

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Well, this was created mostly to be used when suspecting a rootkit, so it's more an On-Demand scanner.

The results on the 'Opening page' are actually re-read whenever you start the application, but they're really just 'openers', tests in the most important locations. To get a full result, you need to click the Deep scan tab, and select the drives to scan from the drive dialog. The full drive scan should take 3 to 5 minutes, possibly more (depending on how many drives you scan).

Regarding the 'stuff that runs in the background', this technology will also appear in Spybot-S&D. Partially it's already in there, partially it'll arrive in the next weeks through new plugins. And the On-Access / background scan part will appear in CoffeeLounge, the TeaTimer successor that's currently being written from scratch (mostly lacking a user friendly GUI, for which we're currently talking to pros in that field ). The Quick scan shown in RootAlyzer will very likely be a simple additional scan module there, alerting you only if it sees something.
    PepiMK,

I did not expect to hear from you, with you being so busy, taking some time out to answer my DUMMY questions, I thank you very much for your brief insight.

Mostly just wanted to inform you we are looking at what you are providing and looking forward to the new features. I did figure it would be more of an OnDemand type of operation and would be a good thingy to have when we are suspecting an invasion.

Being NOT too bright when it comes to a computer or software I do enjoy looking at, testing, and maybe even using some of the Best Protecting software out there and you are providing the BEST. Just wish I had managed to learn enough to do some of the coding, at 68 it is too late. Just use and loose . . .

Thank you for the reply,
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom