Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: protected cookies

Default protected cookies

Why have I protected cookies and how do I get rid of them? I do not want any cookes protected. I have the latest spybot but am new again as I have not had spybot for a few months. Please remind me. Thanks
    PS I have protected domains too?
    Last edited by johnwrites; 2008-02-20 at 21:00.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnwrites View Post
    Why have I protected cookies and how do I get rid of them? I do not want any cookes protected. I have the latest spybot but am new again as I have not had spybot for a few months. Please remind me. Thanks
    PS I have protected domains too?
    Can you please define "protected cookies" and "protected domains"?

Through the immunization process Spybot prevents the storing of certain cookies on your system and also places certain sites (domains) in Internet Explorer's restricted zone.

Are you indicating that you do not what Spybot to do that?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    Can you please define "protected cookies" and "protected domains"?
    I have ignore cookies. It says if they are checked they will be excluded from removal. But even though they are not checked they are not being removed

Through the immunization process Spybot prevents the storing of certain cookies on your system and also places certain sites (domains) in Internet Explorer's restricted zone.

Are you indicating that you do not what Spybot to do that?
    No I do want that, maybe I am confused. I want Spybot to prevent the storing of certain cookies on your system and also places certain sites (domains) in Internet Explorer's restricted zone.

But I do not want cookies on my pc and do not want any cookies ignored. Can i configure Spybot to scan for and delete all cookies.

Thanks for your reply

johnwrites

Quote Originally Posted by johnwrites View Post
    Can i configure Spybot to scan for and delete all cookies.
    What Web browser and version are you using?

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

johnwrites

What Web browser and version are you using?
    IE7 and spybot 1.5.2.20

johnwrites:

If you want to delete all cookies and are using Internet Explorer 7, rather than use Spybot to do that (which is more time consuming):
    • Go into the Internet Explorer 7 "Tools" menu.
    • Select "Delete Browsing History...".
      • When the "Delete Browsing History" dialog appears, select "Delete cookies…".
      • Answer the "Delete cookies" confirmation dialog with "Yes".
    • Then on the "Delete Browsing History" dialog click the "Close" button.

If you want to delete all cookies and are using Internet Explorer 7, rather than use Spybot to do that (which is more time consuming):
    Go into the Internet Explorer 7 "Tools" menu.
    Select "Delete Browsing History...".
    When the "Delete Browsing History" dialog appears, select "Delete cookies…".
    Answer the "Delete cookies" confirmation dialog with "Yes".
    Then on the "Delete Browsing History" dialog click the "Close" button.
    =================
    I know that just wondered why i cannot set spybot to have no ignore cookies. Thanks

Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode (answer yes to the warning message if necessary) > Settings > File Sets. Check the following item (near the bottom):
    • Usage Tracking

When you do a "Check for problems" a green "Cookie" item should be listed. Check the item and do a "Fix selected problems".

Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode (answer yes to the warning message if necessary) > Settings > File Sets. Check the following item (near the bottom):
    • Usage Tracking

When you do a "Check for problems" a green "Cookie" item should be listed. Check the item and do a "Fix selected problems".
    Thanks md usa spybot fan. That is what I was looking for! I could not remember how to do it. Is Spybot as good as ever some say is it falling behind?Thanks again
    Last edited by johnwrites; 2008-02-21 at 13:16.

• Usage Tracking

I did that but on the lower part the immunize screen I have 186 protected software and administrator cookies. What is that about?